King West Life in Liberty Village (Plazacorp) - Real Estate -

I suspect the reason PinkLucy that this is happening is because the amenities are mainly in building 75 which is more or less completed...they are working on moving people in building 85 and building 65 occupied 1 year ago already...
I suspect the people in 65 where without amenities for quite a while as were the early people in building 65 East Liberty.

yep

The pool looked the way it does now since the day we moved in (and even before that) but I heard they were still working on the change rooms so it just opened a few weeks ago.

As for everything else that is by reservation only, there is a desk that's manned from sometime in the morning til 11pm at night. The desk is on the 2nd floor in the amenity area and you can either call and or go down to see them to make reservations. From what I've seen, most things can be reserved in 3 hour blocks.

Hey guys

Can anyone tell me how they are finding the noise levels in their units so far? I move in October at 85! Can you hear your neighbours or people from upstairs? Sound in the hallways? And are there crazy long wait times for elevators? How is the building overall? A lot of renters?

Hey guys

Can anyone tell me how they are finding the noise levels in their units so far? I move in October at 85! Can you hear your neighbours or people from upstairs? Sound in the hallways? And are there crazy long wait times for elevators? How is the building overall? A lot of renters?

Not much noise to be heard in my unit. You're surrounded by concrete on every exterior and unit separating wall so overall we hear a bang or clunk here or there. What I never wanted to hear (and don't hear) is anyone's voice or people talking, etc.

The hallways are quiet so I wouldn't worry too much there. If someone is blasting music you might here it through the front door depending how far down they are but that is pretty rare at least on my floor.

The elevator wait times overall aren't too bad but can slow down during the rush in the morning and evening rush hours.

As for renters, I obviously can't comment on that because I don't know everyone's situation but I do know that the people across the hall and a couple of the people I've met on the floor as well as the people below me are all owners.

What I can tell you is that everyone I run into and have met is totally mature and nice and are of all ages. Liberty Village really gets stereotyped a lot by people who don't live here and don't know anything about the neighbourhood except for what someone's buddy's sister said. There is an asian couple on my floor who look like they're pushing 80. The people below me are at least 60s. Point is, the complex seems to be a nice mix of all kinds of people...not just "20 somethings".

Not much noise to be heard in my unit. You're surrounded by concrete on every exterior and unit separating wall so overall we hear a bang or clunk here or there. What I never wanted to hear (and don't hear) is anyone's voice or people talking, etc.

The hallways are quiet so I wouldn't worry too much there. If someone is blasting music you might here it through the front door depending how far down they are but that is pretty rare at least on my floor.

The elevator wait times overall aren't too bad but can slow down during the rush in the morning and evening rush hours.

As for renters, I obviously can't comment on that because I don't know everyone's situation but I do know that the people across the hall and a couple of the people I've met on the floor as well as the people below me are all owners.

What I can tell you is that everyone I run into and have met is totally mature and nice and are of all ages. Liberty Village really gets stereotyped a lot by people who don't live here and don't know anything about the neighbourhood except for what someone's buddy's sister said. There is an asian couple on my floor who look like they're pushing 80. The people below me are at least 60s. Point is, the complex seems to be a nice mix of all kinds of people...not just "20 somethings".

Thank You! I look forward to the move.

that's good to hear.
most new construction i see being built now do NOT have concrete wall separating units - only 2 sheets of drywall and if you're lucky, some sound dampening insulation

that's good to hear.
most new construction i see being built now do NOT have concrete wall separating units - only 2 sheets of drywall and if you're lucky, some sound dampening insulation

If that is true, that is really poor that they don't put concrete wall separating units.
I notice Plazacorp delivers a pretty good product. People complain about the buildings not being architecturally "refined" or worse but as an owner of a couple of Plazacorp properties, I have been very pleased with their service and the construction.
While there is some noise (can't be avoided), they definitely put concrete between units.

that's good to hear.

Anything I've seen go up in LV looks to have concrete everywhere.

What you're describing is basically minimum code so if a builder really wants to cheap out they'll do the double drywall/firewall.

If that is true, that is really poor that they don't put concrete wall separating units.
I notice Plazacorp delivers a pretty good product. People complain about the buildings not being architecturally "refined" or worse but as an owner of a couple of Plazacorp properties, I have been very pleased with their service and the construction.
While there is some noise (can't be avoided), they definitely put concrete between units.

Personally, I think the way they designed our building (though it's not the prettiest thing in the world) matches the neighborhood a lot better than the typical downtown condo that is a wall of glass.

I like how much brick is incorporated in the design...i'm just not a big fan of the color. I think it's the window panes and not necessarily the brick that makes it look off to me.

If you notice, any of the most recent buildings in LV have all incorporated at least some brick now...with the 4 plaza buildings having the most.

Also, as a general update for the area for those moving in soon...

Strachan underpass: is moving along well. It looks like there will no longer be a level rail crossing by sometime early next year (I hope). Once Strachan Ave is re-aligned back to normal, a traffic signal will be placed at the intersection of East Liberty/Strachan. Once the rail work is completed, there is also a plan to put in a pedestrian/cyclist bridge from Western Battery to Duoro street to help better connect LV to King.

Dufferin bridge: It looks like there is a potential to not only replace the two now closed bridges, but also to extend Dufferin to Lakeshore. Not sure if that is going to happen.

Liberty New Street: There is a proposal to build a new east/west street that runs between the train tracks and the buildings lining east liberty from Dufferin to Strachan. One of the other ideas would be to terminate the street at Pirandello which is less favourable because it would do nothing to alleviate the East Liberty/Strachan congestion. However, there are concerns about Telus tower and a few other things to make it go all the way to Strachan. I emailed Mike Layton about the project since it's been a few years and they have not yet completed the environmental assessment.

So, it looks like we'll have some growing pains for a while but at least things are in the works.

Anything I've seen go up in LV looks to have concrete everywhere.

What you're describing is basically minimum code so if a builder really wants to cheap out they'll do the double drywall/firewall.

You will be surprised just how many building follow minimum code. For example, I think almost all of Cityplace and then the new condos on Fort York area are all HORRIBLY built. I rent at the Garrison Condo and let's not even go there in regards to how much of a disaster that condo is. That is why I cannot wait till I take occupancy of 85 East Liberty! And hopefully I get a decent credit on land transfer tax as its my first home!

You will be surprised just how many building follow minimum code. For example, I think almost all of Cityplace and then the new condos on Fort York area are all HORRIBLY built. I rent at the Garrison Condo and let's not even go there in regards to how much of a disaster that condo is. That is why I cannot wait till I take occupancy of 85 East Liberty! And hopefully I get a decent credit on land transfer tax as its my first home!

Which condo is that? A friend at work just moved into a place at fort york...one of the 4 buildings there. Hopefully hers isn't bad.

Also, if you're a first time buyer I don't think you pay any land transfer tax.

Which condo is that? A friend at work just moved into a place at fort york...one of the 4 buildings there. Hopefully hers isn't bad.

Also, if you're a first time buyer I don't think you pay any land transfer tax.

I believe I pay a little bit on land transfer according to my lawyer...we shall see once I close!

The building on Fort York is 169...corner of Lakeshore and Bathurst!

I believe I pay a little bit on land transfer according to my lawyer...we shall see once I close!

The building on Fort York is 169...corner of Lakeshore and Bathurst!

If you click on this site it will answer the question:

http://www.landtransfertax.com/

Just be sure to show you are in Toronto, the purchase price, and that you are a first time home buyer...You save ALOT.

Eg. on $300K the total tax would be $975.
On $400K $2475. Note you have no Toronto Land transfer, only provincial.

If you were not a first home buyer... you would pay $5700 on $300K and $8200 on $300K.

If you click on this site it will answer the question:

http://www.landtransfertax.com/

Just be sure to show you are in Toronto, the purchase price, and that you are a first time home buyer...You save ALOT.

Eg. on $300K the total tax would be $975.
On $400K $2475. Note you have no Toronto Land transfer, only provincial.

If you were not a first home buyer... you would pay $5700 on $300K and $8200 on $300K.

Thank you!

Back