King East Condos (Lamb Development, Hyde Park, Sher Corp ) - Real Estate -

Last place I bought needed insurance in order for me to move in. Knowing this project I'd get it just to be safe.

Occupancy....if you paid low 300's...you'll be paying 14-1500 at least. I was kind of surprised by the amount. Pump is extra ($40). Then a void cheque...I don't think there were any other extras.

From reading this thread, I don't think anything will surprise me when I move in, ha!

occupancy

From reading this thread, I don't think anything will surprise me when I move in, ha!

the building is improving daily now.....parking very soon .visitor parking now..lobby looks great so far........loads of workers there daily ...just a matter of getting pdi list and tarion 30 day list together and getting/waiting for those things to get done........make sure you get your 30 day list on time delivered to marisa at lamb and simo at tarion.the building is going to be great in all aspects but its sure dusty dirty short term pain till then........my occ fees are 2090 plus 40 for heater on a 500k unit

the building is improving daily now.....parking very soon .visitor parking now..lobby looks great so far........loads of workers there daily ...just a matter of getting pdi list and tarion 30 day list together and getting/waiting for those things to get done........make sure you get your 30 day list on time delivered to marisa at lamb and simo at tarion.the building is going to be great in all aspects but its sure dusty dirty short term pain till then........my occ fees are 2090 plus 40 for heater on a 500k unit

That's interesting. My unit was $315K and my occ. are $1390.

occupancy

Aren't occupancy fees calculated like this?

Interest on outstanding amount of unit price (this is where you're in control, based on how much you put as a down payment)
+ Condo Fees
+ (Annual Property Taxes / 12 months)

correct.my price includes locker and parking and in the 500k is 10k extras already paid for

Thanks for the update...I think you are way more reliable than all contacts put together with the exception of George:) We shall see what happens...I may receive one of those cancellation calls tomorrow at 1:00 p.m.--stay tuned!

I had my PDI and occupancy on Friday. All in all, I'm pretty happy with the unit. Other than the typical touch-ups on the wall and trim paint, only major items are (i) installing glass surround for walk-in shower; (ii) fixing shower floor tile (it looks like someone stepped on the tiles while still wet and they look like crap); and (iii) installing the upgraded stove I ordered. The hallways, common areas, elevators, etc. are still a construction site, but that is to be expected. My locker is ready and seems reasonably big, and the parking garage is nicer than expected.

It will be interesting to see how the follow up finishing touches and compensation for delays processes go...

Alright and we're back. Had the PDI for 11th floor. It was smooth tho it seems they've misplaced some upgrade items so that's going to get fixed. But no major issues at all. It was reasonably clean for work-site. Unit we were doing PDI for is one of model suites and it is turning out great.

28th for the 13th floor. Do you have two units??

No I only represent person that passed away and had bought unit on 11th floor. Mine is on 14th floor and I got the delay notification today. New dat is 12th of December. That's delay #7 or #8. They just need to do a good job and I'll be okay with it the delay.

No I only represent person that passed away and had bought unit on 11th floor. Mine is on 14th floor and I got the delay notification today. New dat is 12th of December. That's delay #7 or #8. They just need to do a good job and I'll be okay with it the delay.

What's another month vs 2+ years. I am very curious to see the inside and the size of my unit. I'm having trouble visualizing it just based on the floor plan. I hope I don't freak out when I see it and say "this is it??" hahaha. The other nightmare scenario is "Oh my god, I picked such horrid finishes!!"

Honestly I think this building will be great, in my opinion the location is absolutely amazing and will just get better in the next few years as other developments close by get built up. We have the 3rd best sushi restaurant within an 8 minute walk (Hiro, with Sushi Kaji & Kaiseki Yu-Zen being the others), St Lawrence Market, Distillery, highways, all the furniture you could possibly fit inside your 475sq/f condo right at your door-step, and the walk downtown is 15 minutes! :)

I accompanied my mother to a PDI today at a different project. It was so good. The unit was in move-in condition with minor issues. Some were fixed while we were there. Not only that, but the PDI guy went through how to use the appliances, thermostat, checked the heat, etc. I showed them the pictured of my PDI and they couldn't stop laughing. It's funny cuz Lamb blasted the building and the builder a few months ago.

The biggest problem with the PDI's is there's no "team" that actually goes through the unit to do a pre-PDI to make sure the unit works. There's also no actual cleaner that cleans the unit beforehand. Hate to beat a dead horse but I'm still pretty pissed off at this whole thing. I've talked to others in the building and they feel the same way.

I think all in all the building will be nice though...I'm just a little bitter. It will pass.

They're starting to build the surrounds around the unit doors. They look like they'll be pretty slick. The hallways will have a lot of black. The tile by the elevators on each floor will be black like the lobby.

I accompanied my mother to a PDI today at a different project. It was so good. The unit was in move-in condition with minor issues. Some were fixed while we were there. Not only that, but the PDI guy went through how to use the appliances, thermostat, checked the heat, etc. I showed them the pictured of my PDI and they couldn't stop laughing. It's funny cuz Lamb blasted the building and the builder a few months ago.

The biggest problem with the PDI's is there's no "team" that actually goes through the unit to do a pre-PDI to make sure the unit works. There's also no actual cleaner that cleans the unit beforehand. Hate to beat a dead horse but I'm still pretty pissed off at this whole thing. I've talked to others in the building and they feel the same way.

I think all in all the building will be nice though...I'm just a little bitter. It will pass.

They're starting to build the surrounds around the unit doors. They look like they'll be pretty slick. The hallways will have a lot of black. The tile by the elevators on each floor will be black like the lobby.

Could I ask what builder or which building or both.

Back