King East Condos (Lamb Development, Hyde Park, Sher Corp ) - Real Estate -

i did my pdi sunday afternoon and my expectations were already so low that i thought i could not be disappointed,but alas i was.my two bed two bath corner unit is unfit unsafe and uninhabitable and filthy with a bucket list a mile long including broken glass bedroom door no heat no ac no water no finished terrace scratched floors and paint/trim/fill all over really second rate workmanship.all can be fixed i am sure by wed! hahah with no elevator functioning,no info on where my parking space is nor my locker nor elevator move in schedule nor lobby!..my terrace has no completed glass railing and is dangerous and i have young kids!i am no rookie at this but i am pissed off at the extreme low service levels and treatment of finishes and workmanship and ability to get it done correctly and on time.meeting with lawyer on wed. for my side to sign close etc and we shall see

Same! We did ours today on our 2 bed, 2 bath, w/ terrace corner unit (we have a young child too even) and the place is indeed a war zone. We had to have our PDI cancelled AGAIN even after we were promised last week that our unit would be complete and we could go ahead and plan on moving in this month. I don't know who they think is moving in this month! Our frustration level builds because we now have a week now to find and move into a temporary living arrangement with a small child. Very, very disappointed with BL right now!

Same! We did ours today on our 2 bed, 2 bath, w/ terrace corner unit (we have a young child too even) and the place is indeed a war zone. We had to have our PDI cancelled AGAIN even after we were promised last week that our unit would be complete and we could go ahead and plan on moving in this month. I don't know who they think is moving in this month! Our frustration level builds because we now have a week now to find and move into a temporary living arrangement with a small child. Very, very disappointed with BL right now!

You might be able to get compensation for that. Talk to your lawyer.

Is this normal to see this many horror stories about brand new building?

No, it's not normal. I'm simply dumbfounded at the way some of these units have been left. The floors are the worst part. Not covered and completely full of dust, dirt, debris, whatever. This wasn't a cheap building either. We all paid a good amount for our units. I really felt ripped off when I went on my PDI. I know a few people in the media...I really don't want to have to go that route. If you're not ready, push the date back to a reasonable time to make sure everything is done correctly. I would have had no issue if occupancy got pushed back a month or 2 if it meant I was going to get a proper looking unit.

Whoever they chose as the contractor gets weak marks from me.

I believe for this condo anything above the 12 floor or something had upgraded appliances, taller doors and full length cabinets. I agree with ya though. Actually, I think it should be standard. Just build the cost into the price.

You are correct that the 12th floor and up were to have "extended height upper kitchen cabinets" as per schedule B to the Agreement of Purchase and Sale. That being said, I specifically requested during my upgrade selections if I could pay to have my cabinets extended to the ceiling for my 9th floor unit and was told there wouldn't be a gap as there would be a bulkhead above the cabinets and thus nothing to extend. When I had my first look at the unit (during my cancelled without notice PDI), of course there is a gap between the cabinets and the ceiling.

My grilfriend had huge misgivings about the builder selected for the job. 59 management built that atrocity that is on Queen St West and Jarvis I believe. Units inside were as fucked up as you guys are telling me TheKingEast is becoming.

My grilfriend had huge misgivings about the builder selected for the job. 59 management built that atrocity that is on Queen St West and Jarvis I believe. Units inside were as fucked up as you guys are telling me TheKingEast is becoming.

Glasshouse. Eh...how could I forget?

I looked at their portfolio and it's nothing special. They did do flatiron and work lofts. I checked out some units there and they looked pretty good. Both structures are all brick as well. None of the cheap out black stucco that we got.

http://www.5nine.ca/portfolio_highrise.html

My girlfriend's response to this whole thing: "Should have bought a Tridel". LOL

You are correct that the 12th floor and up were to have "extended height upper kitchen cabinets" as per schedule B to the Agreement of Purchase and Sale. That being said, I specifically requested during my upgrade selections if I could pay to have my cabinets extended to the ceiling for my 9th floor unit and was told there wouldn't be a gap as there would be a bulkhead above the cabinets and thus nothing to extend. When I had my first look at the unit (during my cancelled without notice PDI), of course there is a gap between the cabinets and the ceiling.

You probably don't have that in writing, do you? Nothing you can do about that, unfortunately.

Glasshouse. Eh...how could I forget?

I looked at their portfolio and it's nothing special. They did do flatiron and work lofts. I checked out some units there and they looked pretty good. Both structures are all brick as well. None of the cheap out black stucco that we got.

http://www.5nine.ca/portfolio_highrise.html

My girlfriend's response to this whole thing: "Should have bought a Tridel". LOL

Which units did you check out? The one's sold by the builder? None of those reflected owner's units. It was the same story at Flatiron as it is currently at King East. It's probably much worse at King East since it's a larger building and clearly from what I've seen it's total chaos over there. At Flatiron the deficiencies are being fixed extremely slowly and the whole process is like pulling teeth. You need to constantly harass everyone to get anything done. You are better off fixing things yourself!

Which units did you check out? The one's sold by the builder? None of those reflected owner's units. It was the same story at Flatiron as it is currently at King East. It's probably much worse at King East since it's a larger building and clearly from what I've seen it's total chaos over there. At Flatiron the deficiencies are being fixed extremely slowly and the whole process is like pulling teeth. You need to constantly harass everyone to get anything done. You are better off fixing things yourself!

You're right. They were units sold by the builder. I did see other units sold privately but only through pictures.

You're right. They were units sold by the builder. I did see other units sold privately but only through pictures.

All units that you see on mls are being sold by the builder. If you didn't specifically request a reassignment clause in your agreement originally, the builder doesn't allow you to reassign, let alone put your unit on mls. Even though when I bought this unit originally I was told by their agents that if I wanted to reassign it wouldn't be a problem. I'm not sure if it's the same story for King East but I'm pretty sure that it is. It's the same builder after all.

All units that you see on mls are being sold by the builder. If you didn't specifically request a reassignment clause in your agreement originally, the builder doesn't allow you to reassign, let alone put your unit on mls. Even though when I bought this unit originally I was told by their agents that if I wanted to reassign it wouldn't be a problem. I'm not sure if it's the same story for King East but I'm pretty sure that it is. It's the same builder after all.

got ya. I did get a reassignment clause with my unit. I didn't think I'd ever consider assigning it....but I'll think long and hard about it now.

Back