News   Aug 23, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 1.8K     4 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 543     0 

John Barber: A city in decline?

I'm now beginning to think I shouldn't have posted anything in this thread at all - too much controversy!

It's always interesting to get other points of view, whether we agree or not encourages thoughtful responses.

I must comment that I don't understand how it takes 45 minutes to drive from Charles & Bay to Sherbourne & Bloor under any conditions. Next time he should walk, I can easily walk that twice in under 45 minutes.

I must comment that I don't understand how it takes 45 minutes to drive from Charles & Bay to Sherbourne & Bloor under any conditions.

It would be about 5-10 minutes by subway. But to each their own... being intelligent isn't a prerequisite to living in the city.

i haven't seen any canadian city with more to do than toronto...calgary is certainly pretty boring as are edmonton and . vancouver is a close second, montreal and halifax come close but toronto still has a a wide range of options and they are expanding rapidly

1) Jobs are leaving Toronto.

Look no further than Imperial Oil leaving for Calgary.

Thats probably what his problem is. He's looking no further than one or two examples vs overal statistics that are available on job creation. Jobs ARE leaving 416 for 905, not on a mass scale to Calgary.

And, what a surprise, an oil company moving to Calgary.
The mutual fund manager, some people are willing to wake up for a 6 am market open, but I'd rather pay higher taxes for a little more sleep in the morning. The taxes are very pro-business, Alberta would be a very big competitor to Toronto for financial services if they were also EST zone.

Cows grazing in central Mississauga is something I have actually seen. It's quite the contrast, skyscrapers rising on one side of the 403, while cows graze merrily on the other side. I don't know if they're still there however, with the Confederation Parkway extension and all.

Back