News   Jun 28, 2024
 2.8K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.6K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 600     1 

Jack Diamond to Design Montreal Concert Hall

The big problem with the Montreal project is the same one that the 4SC faced: the site is really tight.

To even suggest that the Feds might put any money in just raises my back. Our money has flowed in the direction of Quebec (as they cry poor) for years and years -- I have had absolutely enough of that. And before you jump all over me -- I know Toronto got some federal money for the arts infrastructure projects here -- and it was a pleasure for a change, the money is largely ours.

Uh, Quebeckers pay taxes too. In fact, they pay the same federal tax rates as we do.

Leaked earlier today...
jaguar-land-rover-dealer.jpg

Merde.

On second look, if it plays in Peoria...

Last edited:
I'm going to guess... glass cube box?

One would hope so. It is a form that was exported with great success to Washington ( Sidney Harman Hall ), and Denver is getting one ( the Boettcher Concert Hall reno. ), and Mariinsky 2 sounds like it'll be one too.

... and Burlington too. Actually, I like Diamond's design for my little neighbourhood.

Yes, his performing arts centres are the Little Black Dress of the architectural world.

Disagree. His performing arts centres are the equivalent of Jeans and a Blazer. Fine when you're out shopping for a new car, but less-than when you're at the Opera.

Or perhaps the TCKYTCKY Centre!

It'll still be a swell place to hear opera, and swank around at intermission, even if the tickets are reduced to $9.99.

Or perhaps the TCKYTCKY Centre!

It'll still be a swell place to hear opera, and swank around at intermission, even if the tickets are reduced to $9.99.

Well, if I bid, one of my stipulations will be that they'll have to provide more parking than just those three spots on Queen Street and Richmond/University.

???

Well, if I bid, one of my stipulations will be that they'll have to provide more parking than just those three spots on Queen Street and Richmond/University.

The underground parking off York offends you? The subway connection offends you? Opera offends you?

If we were to build a new opera house on top of the east Gardiner instead of tearing it down, would opera offend you less?

The underground parking off York offends you? The subway connection offends you? Opera offends you?

If we were to build a new opera house on top of the east Gardiner instead of tearing it down, would opera offend you less?

What are you talking about? The subway offends me? Underground parking offends me? I love underground parking. I love meatball subs.

The three parking spots I was referring to (and thanks for making me explain the joke) are actually display areas for Jaguars / Range Rovers (possibly the most embarrassing part of that whole experience) and the direct source for my constant car dealership references. Funnier now, eh? Yeah, not so much.

Back