News   Apr 26, 2024
 804     3 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 254     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 747     0 

Is it time to do-away with gender-segregated washrooms?

As if relationships couldn't get off on a more fluid foot...

If anyone managed to find a relationship in that washroom then they deserve the happiest, most balanced and beautiful relationship ever.

To be honest, it was so sexuality-ambiguous in that thing that I don't even think hookups ever materialised. Or maybe it's because I'm a shy curmudgeon....which I very much am in my specific subculture.

All I'm saying is, the place made sense.

i wouldn't mind if they got rid of washrooms with urinals. I hate urinating next to some guy who comes up to the urinal next to me, and then snorts, horks and farts..... Yuck! Men are gross.

People in general are gross.

You'd think personal hygiene would have reached some sort of plateau by now, in the general population.

Yeeeeaaaah......not anywhere I've ever been.

I generally prefer to go to washrooms for those with disabilities and/or washrooms for families.

They're usually cleaner anyways.

Family washrooms are probably the only unisex public washrooms some of the more traditionally inclined people would not mind.

I am in favour of more unisex washrooms. My workplace has unisex washrooms without any issues.

I was recently at a very busy tourist attraction in Ireland. There were gender free washrooms. The men complained about the line ups. The women were laughing, because we deal with that all of the time.

I’m a woman and I don’t have a problem with it. I found it funny watching men dealing with the line up.

I like how some restaurants have changed from two large bathrooms to about a dozen individual washrooms. That is my preference... I don't know how there isnt a lot of procreating happening in them though.

Apparentlyy the ones at Mildred’s in Liberty Village are known for what goes on

I found it funny watching men dealing with the line up.
Many men will just find a tree or ally. That’s why many cities have public urinals, as us men will not stand patiently like the women do.

Urinals-Amsterdam.png
Q

4F113C4E00000578-6055609-One_eco_friendly_urinoir_deemed_to_be_particularly_offensive_is_-m-25_1534175112016.jpg

public-urinal-near-soho-square-gardens-london-uk-BR9A3K.jpg

Sorry lads. Gender neutral just doesn't work for public washrooms. There are a lot of women and some men who would not be comfortable with it. Most washrooms suck for kids. I think female, male, plus family is still best; however, if you were going to tweak it I could be convinced to go with a female only, gender neutral, and family set-up. Basically, change the men's washroom into a gender neutral washroom for those ladies who don't mind, take a bit of the crush load off the lady's stalls but don't remove the urinals in the gender neutral washroom for the efficiency.

Most washrooms suck for kids.
They're even worse if those children have autism and/or OCD.

The family washroom can accommodate those with disabilities (not just physical disabilities) as well, since those with disabilities sometimes need a support worker to help them (and the support worker could be of the opposite gender).

I would be okay with female only, family and unisex washrooms as long as there is a room dedicated to multiple urinals as well, as that's where most of the male traffic goes to anyways.

Other than that I prefer Bar Hop Peter's method on the patio which have individual enclosed stalls and outside of them you have communal sinks

I recently went to SoSo for dinner which just had one washroom and I must say it was odd using it knowing a woman was in the next stall. I had to check the door twice before I even went in after seeing a lady leave and got embarrassed thinking I was a weirdo.

Back