News   Apr 25, 2024
 281     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 906     3 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 923     0 

Intercity Bus Services

GTR vans are also equipped with bike racks -- in case you wanted to take the Georgian Trail one way, for example.

But what makes me wonder is why Simcoe County Linx still doesn't have weekend service on the Barrie-Wasaga Beach route. If GTR can beef up service, why not Simcoe County?

Last edited:
Has anyone been keeping track of street-side intercity coach stops around Union Station? I'm trying to update a list for the Travellers' Aid volunteers in the Great Hall.

To make matters more complicated, I understand that heavy crowding during this weekend's sports games may have caused some carriers to temporarily switch pickup locations.

It is also a challenge to keep up with which destinations are served. In the absence of a proper clearinghouse of info by, say the ministry that oversees passenger coaches ... I am currently relying on Sean Marshall's Ontario labour-of-love bus map: Ontario Intercity Transit Map

Looks like it is up to volunteers to help lost riders. Yikes.

Cheers, Ed

I've taken a look at FlixBus' services, and they are really taking the classic low-cost carrier strategy of avoiding terminal fees. Whereas the other operators depart from facilities such as Union Station in Toronto and St. Laurent Station in Ottawa, FlixBus is just loading from sidewalks without any facilities.
Are you posting these unofficial schedules anywhere other than here? They are very helpful but I could not spot them on your blog.

Dank U wel,
Ed

Has anyone been keeping track of street-side intercity coach stops around Union Station? I'm trying to update a list for the Travellers' Aid volunteers in the Great Hall.

To make matters more complicated, I understand that heavy crowding during this weekend's sports games may have caused some carriers to temporarily switch pickup locations.

It is also a challenge to keep up with which destinations are served. In the absence of a proper clearinghouse of info by, say the ministry that oversees passenger coaches ... I am currently relying on Sean Marshall's Ontario labour-of-love bus map: Ontario Intercity Transit Map

Looks like it is up to volunteers to help lost riders. Yikes.

Cheers, Ed
OnExBus is supposed to use 45 York Street (Royal York Hotel) for their Toronto/London route, but I haven’t seen this in person, let alone actually seeing one of their coaches.

FlixBus uses the motorcoach parking on York Street at Queen’s Quay. Saw them there last weekend. They go to Waterloo, Niagara Falls, and Ottawa.

EDIT:
Equinox Bus Lines to Niagara Falls and Buffalo use the Royal York as well.

Last edited:
Are you posting these unofficial schedules anywhere other than here? They are very helpful but I could not spot them on your blog.

Dank U wel,
Ed
I am not posting them elsewhere because they are only suitable as an approximate overview of service. They are not suitable for use as a navigation tool. I manually enter them from the timetable/trip planner for a particular day, so they may contain errors or not apply on a different day. Flixbus schedules do vary depending on the day of the week. I also may make assumptions such as the subway departure times, since I don't have access to subway timetables.

I am not posting them elsewhere because they are only suitable as an approximate overview of service. They are not suitable for use as a navigation tool. I manually enter them from the timetable/trip planner for a particular day, so they may contain errors or not apply on a different day. Flixbus schedules do vary depending on the day of the week. I also may make assumptions such as the subway departure times, since I don't have access to subway timetables.
I gathered as much -- thanks for the clarification. I won't share the schedules but appreciate the work nonetheless. This is likewise a problem for anyone trying to help would-be coach passengers get where they are going.
You don't want to send anyone astray but when the rider has a tech or communication barrier ... we just try to warn them any info we have is not official and must be confirmed.

-Ed

I launched the new version of my interactive map.

Great update, thanks ShonTron. One very clear gap that still remains is Hamilton to-and-from Guelph and KWC.

Back