News   Apr 23, 2024
 521     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.2K     0 

Infographics - Future Toronto Skyline

New map of Downtown Toronto feat. The Ontario Line:

52017806928_a2f8c8e793_k.jpg

Last edited:
Bit suprised Moss Park (and the Armoury lands) weren't designated a TOC... to spur long-delayed revitalization.
Because losing a large park in the middle of downtown would be a really bad idea? Where would you find enough new parkland in the area to replace it? Ideally the Armoury should be relocated and the park expanded into those lands, especially given there will be intensification in this area and the people moving into condos are going to need park space.

I didn't mean nixing the tennis courts or ball park... though the Ontario Line staging etc. will be tying up half of that parkland for a long time. I could see the footprint of the Armoury hosting something akin to a smaller 88 Queen (and The Elm & Ledbury), maybe a new rental build on the large surface parking west of Moss Park apartments and the latest promise of 'revitalization', the new John Innes Community-Recreation Centre. As for expanding the park west to Jarvis Street freeway... I'd want a very high fence.

Updated look at Yonge Street north of Highway 401:

51998590022_2b0b30ccca_k.jpg
Hey Steve. Saw this posting on my walk yesterday. It's the auto mall just north of Steeles. How many units do you figure could be built at this corner when all these proposals are done?

Attachments

• PXL_20220426_144219070.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220426_144219070.MP.jpg
    369.5 KB · Views: 104
Hey Steve. Saw this posting on my walk yesterday. It's the auto mall just north of Steeles. How many units do you figure could be built at this corner when all these proposals are done?

Depends on the height/density/number of towers. I'd say at least 6000 units.

Depends on the height/density/number of towers. I'd say at least 6000 units.

The City of Markham's Land Use and Built Form Study suggests 8,000 units in vicinity of Yonge and Steeles. But it'll likely be much more given the Centrepoint Mall proposal alone is 9,000 units.

A quick look at the UT map yields over 15,000 units currently proposed and we haven't even seen proposals for the auto dealerships on the large parcels NW of the intersection.

At full build out, I could see the area reaching 20,000 units.

It was posted a couple days ago. I have a friend working on the project. I believe this covers nearly all of that site

The City of Markham's Land Use and Built Form Study suggests 8,000 units in vicinity of Yonge and Steeles. But it'll likely be much more given the Centrepoint Mall proposal alone is 9,000 units.

A quick look at the UT map yields over 15,000 units currently proposed and we haven't even seen proposals for the auto dealerships on the large parcels NW of the intersection.

At full build out, I could see the area reaching 20,000 units.
PXL_20220426_144223557.jpg

Back