138     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 1K     1 
News   May 13, 2024
 1.3K     0 

In the Early Mornin' Rain - Toronto 04/23/06

A

ahsun

In the early morning rain with a dollar in my hand...

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

fin.

Lovely.

Your pictures remind us that we can be alone in a city of millions, all it takes is a gentle drizzle. Loved the visual perspective.

I love the third last pic. The towers looming above. I like the tower that is 45 degrees to the street.

Wow, those are some great shots! They capture some of the city's character very well.

Hey, I never realized you could see Soldier's Tower from the foot of McCaul. Cool!

With regard to the comment about the building where the Sobey's might go....that was the site of Burger King for a long time....before that it wasn't the St. Charles Tavern (location: Yonge & Grosvenor..above College St. across from Marriott Residences Hotel). The St. Charles was under what is now that refurbished clock tower. The site where Sobey's might go is where the the mixed clientele after hours dance club "Stages" was...after Stages it became Avalon for a while then drifted into obscurity and a Burger King.

There was also the "Parkview" gay bar on Yonge st. in the 60s/70s. Was this it, before Stages? I have this info somewhere, but can't remember where it is.

Nice work. Really liked the shot of the Drake. Keep'em coming.

The "Parkside", if I recall correctly. George Hislop used to hold court there - back in the '70's - while the rest of us were boogying our asses off at the Manatee up the street.

Back