iLoft Condos (Camrost-Felcorp) - Real Estate -

.I myself upgraded nothing but I also went for the complete popcorn ceiling,it would have look weird with only 1/4 smooth ceiling and the rest popcorn.A lot of condos are offering incentives to attract the buyers but as markets improved those options are limited.I got the granite countertop as a free option and the locker and of course the standard free parking,some people got cash back I heard.

Last edited:
Thanks Wooba and Ducati for the info re: colour selection.

Out of curiousity, were there any options regarding appliances? Or is that handled by a third party (i.e. Brick?). When do we get to consider options for that?

Ducati, you got granite and locker for free? Did you get any other incentives? When was it that you purchased?

Out of curiousity, were there any options regarding appliances? Or is that handled by a third party (i.e. Brick?). When do we get to consider options for that?

I asked about it when I was originally called to make an appointment. I want to get one of those slide in type stoves and she told me that it was not an option. I wasn't really paying attention beyond that, but I think she said there may have been another stove to choose from. I didn't ask anymore, nor did I bring it up during colour selection. I plan on at the very least selling the stove when I move in because I really want the other style. I may sell the other components too, depending on matching steel from different brands.

And this great area features the noise and pollution of an expressway, large factory and rail line.

please another hater.What large factory?...pollution from the highway?..its like almost three blocks away..noise?...go there at 1:00am at night this area is dead quiet.

please another hater.What large factory?...pollution from the highway?..its like almost three blocks away..noise?...go there at 1:00am at night this area is dead quiet.

I live at University/Dundas. My area is dead quiet at 1am, is 10 blocks from the nearest highway and near no factories. I'm not saying this area isn't nice, but there's a reason you pay $150 psf less than downtown and it has nothing to do with anything advantageous. All of what you want can be found, including secluded walks, tons of parkland, etc. downtown. It's cheap because it's near nothing.

I don't know, judging by the air pollution maps in this document, downtown seems to be doing better than this area in the air quality department.

I'm just being realistic while you think the area is ideal. You have the Christie factory, which is likely a 24 hour operation serviced by a perpetual stream of trucks, the QEW in proximity, and the Lakeshore GO line.

ducati0000 said:
the people who bought in this area wants the parks and walks,if I wanted to be where the "action" is I would have bought a condo on Richmond.Why does people think condo buyers want a Sobey's or LCBO at the lobby level?..maybe condo buyers wants a peaceful area where they can walk their dog or go for a bike without being engulfed by pollution and traffic.

They want a Sobey's because it's convenient. Plenty of downtown areas are peaceful by the evening, unless your image of downtown is limited to Yonge and the club district. Downtown you can go to the parks, ravines or islands.

I'm not a hater, but I think you were being less than realistic about both the area this condo is in and downtown.

I'm just being realistic while you think the area is ideal. You have the Christie factory, which is likely a 24 hour operation serviced by a perpetual stream of trucks, the QEW in proximity, and the Lakeshore GO line.

They want a Sobey's because it's convenient. Plenty of downtown areas are peaceful by the evening, unless your image of downtown is limited to Yonge and the club district. Downtown you can go to the parks, ravines or islands.

I'm not a hater, but I think you were being less than realistic about both the area this condo is in and downtown.

I can tell you with regard to the Christies factory that one of the sweetest smells of the most delectable freshly made cookies and treats eminates from their facility and into the surrounding area. Can't wait to move into the area myself, and I can picture myself walking across on a sunny Saturday morning with a coffee and buying a batch of those tasty cookies and enduldging while enjoying the scenery at Humber Bay Park across the street.

iloft colour choices

I was in last week and picked out my colours. I had pictures of the sample boards sent to me in advance of going to the office. I also had asked about upgrade costs prior to going. As a REALTOR here is my take on selections. The upgrades are a huge cost, but this is standard practice with all large volume builders. Only when you get into a custom contract do you have more choices at reasonable costs. I would guess from my experience that about 65% of buyers purchased an average of $3700 in upgrades, 20% purchased in excess of $7500 in upgrades. As one who did not purchase a single upgrade I thank you for increasing the value of my condo because of this. For those who did purchase upgrades have no fear. If you plan to stay at least 5 years in the unit, any upgrades will pay for themselves. If you stay less than 5 years then you will get about 25% return on the inflated price of the upgrade. Remember that buyers will only pay for what they can see and relate to on resale. Upgraded underpad, knobs, changes in colour selections from one package to another will get no return on investment(ROI), but what a buyer can visually see will. All in all these units are a good investment-close to downtown, High Park, lake, shopping. I purchased mine for these reasons as well as I plan to use it as a cottage in the city, for when I need to have a break from Muskoka.

I was in last week and picked out my colours. I had pictures of the sample boards sent to me in advance of going to the office. .............

Muskoka,
Woul dyou be able to send me the pictures of color boards and prices for upgrades please? I'm going for my colour selection in a week and have heard enough stories of how bad the selection is... I dont want to invest more money into upgrades, so I wanted to see if I can maybe made some decisions before hand..
If you can I'd greatly appreciate that.

Thank you in advance!

there is only 4 boards...ABCD...%70 of the people choose A........the upgrades prices is not really shocking,all other condo projects mark up their prices just as much.

I did my colour selection this afternoon...I think this is such a rip off...Changing from one standard color to another they charge, different size tiles- $$$, undermount sink-$$$. I knew all of this and expected this, but it just left a bad taste in my mouth. And wasnt too impressed with people that worked there. My boyfriend is an agent for another builder(mostly houses) and most of the things they had as an upgrade are standard for them, so he was a little shocked. I will just have to do a lot of upgrades myself- it will comeout so much cheaper... Sorry for ranting, just wanted to share my thoughts with you guys. My suggestion- don't do any upgrades- or do minimal (i just got an undermount sink) You will save a lot of money doing it on your own afterwards.

If I remember correctly, they released a Jr 1 Bedroom layout in iLoft (455 or 460 Sq Ft I think?)

Does anyone have a PDF floor plan of this?

Back