News   Jul 25, 2024
 443     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 420     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 516     0 

IKEA: hardest piece you've assembled?

I managed to build and move Pax by myself, and I also realized that I didn't have the headroom to arc it into position so I assembled it upright and more or less in place. Lots of clamps were involved, along with a shoring jack. It wouldn't have been that bad if the stupid thing just came at the size they said it would. In retrospect I should've run the sides through a table saw and avoided most of the nonsense, but at the time I wasn't thinking laterally about the problem and just did the first thing that came to mind.

Bear in mind that most Ikea furniture will not hold up well if at all during a move. Particle board held by dowels isn't lifetime furniture.

It depends on the item. Some IKEA furniture is the easiest to move when it's made up of multiple components. Also, the quality of IKEA's veneers is quite good and they seem to pay a lot of attention into how the furniture stands up to the test of time. The way the furniture is built may seem simple, but it can be remarkably durable. I have IKEA furniture that's coming up on 20 years and still looking fine.

ikea.jpg

Seriously though, in preparation for the birth of my twin daughters, my wife and I built beds, change tables, shelves and cupboards from IKEA, all in the span of about two weeks. I tear up just thinking of those huge bags of a million screws, dowels and bolts now.

ikea.jpg

Seriously though, in preparation for the birth of my twin daughters, my wife and I built beds, change tables, shelves and cupboards from IKEA, all in the span of about two weeks. I tear up just thinking of those huge bags of a million screws, dowels and bolts now.

AB: Where did you find this pic? It shows how many distinct parts are needed even for a small compact car like this...
Imagine buying a full-size car in a "kit" form...This is way more parts then any model kit has ever had-to those who have ever built a model car...
This looks like that it could drive a sane man crazy...

I hope IKEA is not THIS bad...LI MIKE

I spent a lot of time with IKEA yesterday. They have this sort of cloth shelf-clothes-storage thing. It is evil. And the Fusion table has about a gazillion parts. Ektorp sofa was pretty straightforward.

Back