News   Jul 22, 2024
 52     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 323     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 389     0 

I AM NOT AFRAID.ca

What's that about? I could read that whole blog but perhaps you can summarize. It this where people who are afraid convince themselves they are not afraid by constantly repeating they are not afraid.

Precisely.

What is the point of all this? Surely the wristbands a la "livestrong" are next, along with the obligatory $15 t-shirt. I wasn't afraid 3 months ago but no one was offering me a cheap t-shirt then.

So one need to do something "special" to prove that we aren't "afraid" (as if we were before?). What a yawn.

Sounds like someone is trying to score some political brownie points to me.

AoD

PS: The whole thing smells like a beer ad. I am Canadian...I am not Afraid. Whatever.

As I understand it this is being put together by some of the same people who did that "Canada in New York" thing back in 2001. That was where they encouraged Canadians to go to New York City one weekend shortly after 9/11 for a big bash. They arranged cheap fares on Air Canada and cheap rooms at some NY hotels, and they got a good response. It was a good initiative.

I'm not sure that we need this "not afraid" initiative now. Maybe they should devote their well intentioned efforts to the reverse of what they did in 2001, ie., get people from south of the border to come here this summer.

So. Basically they are showing that they are not afraid to go out into public in a society where terrorism is being dealt with through its national police and intelligence agencies with accussed persons being tried in a court of law, and no actual act has been committed, only the arrests of person who may have been thinking about?

Bravo! That takes guts!

Perhaps next they can show their fearlessness and go biking without a helmet, or mingle with the lesser peoples in the "bad" parts of town.

oh, groan. We are not afraid of WHAT, excatly? I think this website qualifies as "fear itself."

I am more afraid of dumb websites and organizations as this.

Waste of time.

I have been known, on occasion, to run with scissors in my hands...

Kinsella tends to like attention focused on himself.

What I found rather strange this week is that not once this week did a single person that I came in contact at work bring up this incident in any way, not once. I was wondering at one point if it should not be iamnotinterested.ca

We were parked outside of the CBC the other day. Global was there, because the building was on the hit list. The overwhelming sentiment from CBC people and other people passing through was "Oh, I guess it's because this is a target or something."

Nobody seems afraid to go about their lives as normal, even at potential ground zero's.

I wonder if the website was inspired by the Patrick Swayze motivational character in Donnie Darko? (Which would be ironic as Darko was released on Sept 11, 2001.)

Back