News   Jul 17, 2024
 504     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.4K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 621     0 

HtO Park (Central Waterfront)

Yeah, stopped by for a jog and indeed, the chicks were hawt!

This is the best new development on the central waterfront since Harbourfront Centre. In fact, I think this will be so successful this summer that they're going to have to build another urban beach, at least twice that size somewhere else on the waterfront.

The sand area feels like an oversized sandbox for adults, I love it! The overall impression of the park is that it will get better as it matures. The trees weren't providing much shade since they're still new but that will improve with time.

The only addition that I would like to see added is a splash pad. Children were playing around the feet cleaning station and seemed to be enjoying themselves. A Dundas Square style splash pad would have worked so well on the other side of hTO.

The park is great. I sat down on one of the mounds for almost an hour just enjoying the great weekend weather. From what i gathered everyone there seemed to enjoy being there. Kids were having a blast running up and down the mounds, parents sitting on the beach chairs, couples walking around the perimeter. I hope the level of activity persists throughout the summer which i think it will.

I had never ventured to that area by foot before and was quite impressed with the skyline from that vantage point. In a few years there will be a great panoramic shot of the city.

My only concern was the lack of variety of trees on the mounds. I would have liked to see 2 or 3 different types of trees, but on the whole it's just a minor issue and doesn't take anything away from the fact it is a great addition to the waterfront

On Sunday I was walking along Harbourfront Centre and I have never seen so much litter on the Harbourfront. I wonder when the last time someone got a ticket for littering. Harbourfront Centre needs to rethink their programming if certain events lead to the waterfront becoming a pig sty. Any programming that leads to endless litter should be moved to Downsview park where it can be caught before it blows into the lake.

On Sunday I was walking along Harbourfront Centre and I have never seen so much litter on the Harbourfront. I wonder when the last time someone got a ticket for littering. Harbourfront Centre needs to rethink their programming if certain events lead to the waterfront becoming a pig sty. Any programming that leads to endless litter should be moved to Downsview park where it can be caught before it blows into the lake.

Well it would be impossible to enforce any anti-littering bylaw with the crowd that showed up saturday night. The place was packed for Luminato events.

I noticed the garbage and was going to comment on it too, but I like to keep my posts positive when I see good things. Garbage wasn't a problem at the HT0 area but it was all around the Harbourfront Centre & the sidewalks between about York & Bay. Let's hope the large crowds were not an anomaly but the trash was.

Hey , has anybody heard anything about the shuting down of the two south lanes on Queens Quay? I remember last year when they did that study they where suppose to make the permanant changes in the spring/summer, but i have'nt heard anything yet. Just imagine how much more life that will bring! combining Hto with a new pedestrian queens quay, further connecting the dots.

While in London a few summers ago the area around the London Eye was a complete garbage disaster.

It comes with the territory, though I still think those who litter should be shot in public displays.

I think they should re-do the park in front of Harbour Square.

Shame it's residential, I'd love to see that whole monstrosity torn down.

the best analysis I've seen on anything on this board!
No hot dudes? Pride's coming, you know.

[though for the love of God, no *nude* dudes, if the nudists on the Pride parade are any benchmark *blecccch* retch retch]

Here are three more pics I took on Sunday. HtO is really neat around twilight when the lights start to come on.

HtO15.jpg

HtO16.jpg

Views of Porter aircraft - they are surprisingly quiet taking off and landing, except after touchdown when the plane suddenly slows down.

Porter.jpg

Gotta say, the park looks great in those ^^^ images, very european and urban all in one..I will have to stop by tomorrow or this weekend on my way home from work..

Speaking of hot chicks- just ride or rollerblade along the goodman trail west towards the humber river, and holy jesus they will be flying towards you!!

p5

Looks great. I will have to see it tommorow.

The Porter aircraft are really quiet. It is the small cessnas etc that are the loud ones. I am neither for or against the airport, but Miller does not have a clue regarding the noise of these aircraft, these TORONTO BUILT aircraft.

I agree. I sat in the Music Garden for a bit today and the Porter craft are not that bad, the smaller craft and helicopters make a hell of a noise. My beef is with an expanding airport across from our waterfront and how I fear it will continue to grow.

John Barber's column this morning is all about the TPA's increasing deficit and how Porter is on its last legs because they have so few passengers.

Back