News   Jul 26, 2024
 995     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.7K     2 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.6K     3 

How to Make Friends In Toronto?

I agree. At the end of the day, you want to meet people because you want to. Keep an open mind, smile, and stay curious and have something on the table to show you're also worth someone's curiosity in wanting to get to know you. Do all this while doing something you're both interested in and have fun. Especially this time of the season where people like to go out because it's the summer so probability wise, you'll meet more and different people for you to weed out who you really want to hang with. Save your money from reading self help books and just do it! Find a hobby you like and join a social group and go from there.

In regards to Toronto, people can try Meet Market Adventures where it caters to doing different events in the city. If you really have no idea what to do, at least there's a list of things there for you to choose to try out with other strangers. Try at your own risk! :) hah!

Last edited:
As the old saying goes: To have a friend, you have to be a friend. If you're naturally a friendly person and willing to engage someone in conversation, it's not too difficult to connect with a few people out of the many that you speak to. Naturally, in many instances, it'll be nothing more than idle chit chat, but even smalltalk can be interesting. Engaging smalltalk can make for some of the more memorable conversations.

I can definitely relate! I have hard time making real friends. acquitances come and go but its hard to make great real friends. especially for someone who was not raised in canada and didnt mingle with their ethnic group. right now, I work full-time and study online. pretty limited circle of friends and not too many opportunities to meet new people. but i dont give up :) maybe a few us, weirdos, can get together for drinks or smth :)

hey! I am also a student (Seneca) and looking to meet people to hang out with. I am 21 yrs old. bar hopping sounds great, count me in! :)

Back