News   May 07, 2024
 423     0 
News   May 07, 2024
 358     0 

Highspeed Access

Jayomatic

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of moving into my suite at the Hudson and was wondering if anyone has had the experience of the in-suite high-speed. Are high-speed connections usually just ready to go or do they require activation or an account set up?

If anyone has any information they could provide me ( perhaps you are using the cityplace high-speed ) I'd really appreciate it.

I'm in the middle of moving into my suite at the Hudson and was wondering if anyone has had the experience of the in-suite high-speed. Are high-speed connections usually just ready to go or do they require activation or an account set up?

If anyone has any information they could provide me ( perhaps you are using the cityplace high-speed ) I'd really appreciate it.

The cityplace high speed access is beyond excellent. True 100 Mb/s down and 5 Mb/s up (vs 5 and 0.8 on rogers extreme for comparison). It's all pre-wired so no messy wiring or modems lying around.

At cityplace you just go down to the telus store and they send someone over. The whole process only took about 5 minutes to activate. The price is VERY reasonable too... cheaper than rogers extreme and its literally 20 times faster.

Telus is providing the net access for cityplace though.... I'm not sure if it's the same for the hudson.

I agree with your assessment of Cityplace internet. It really is amazing. I've temporarily moved and now going to DSL seems like I'm back in the days of 14400. I've been nothing but impressed with the Telus service, and you really notice the difference, though it can be subtle. Downloads are more stable, you can reliably download more things at once, streaming video is actually streaming...

The cityplace high speed access is beyond excellent. True 100 Mb/s down and 5 Mb/s up (vs 5 and 0.8 on rogers extreme for comparison). It's all pre-wired so no messy wiring or modems lying around.

At cityplace you just go down to the telus store and they send someone over. The whole process only took about 5 minutes to activate. The price is VERY reasonable too... cheaper than rogers extreme and its literally 20 times faster.

Telus is providing the net access for cityplace though.... I'm not sure if it's the same for the hudson.

Good god. For this reason alone I would live in Cityplace.

Personally I would ensure that a new condo purchase has Cityplace style internet or at very least is wired for Bell VDSL (verified by checking if the condo gets Bell ExpressVu for Condos at http://www.bell.ca/shopping/PrsShpTv_Vdsl_Landing.page ). A new condo with VDSL should be able to get really good performance while some of the older condos with the service will be slightly limited by older internal wiring.

Now that I've used it for a while, going back from Cityplace/Telus internet to Rogers Extreme would honestly feel like going from Rogers Extreme back to dialup. That's how big the difference is.

It isn't comparable to Telus at Cityplace hence my statement "or at very least is wired for Bell VDSL". It is a far more reliable pipe than other current installations and will be able to scale up easier in new buildings wired for data. For older buildings with the service the only advantage is a choice of TV providers that wouldn't otherwise exist.

Back