News   Jul 31, 2024
 368     0 
News   Jul 31, 2024
 311     1 

High-Rise Construction Job Market in Toronto

kiavickers

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm glad to see that high-rise construction is still going well in Toronto. I am a Canadian Citizen who has worked for the past ten years on some of Chicago's most notable projects. I was the Lead surveyor and Project Coordinator for Trump Chicago. Unfortunately the Chicago market has imploded. I will be in your city this week interviewing with Menkes for the Four Seasons Project. I am looking for some contact information. How many buildings above 40 stoties are actively under construction? How many are coming out of the hole, or not yet passed say the tenth floor? Who are the main Concrete Forming subs on these buildings? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I plan to hit a few job-sites and hand in my resume.

Verdi Alliance and Premform seem to be getting a lot of the big concrete forming jobs around town. Not really a great time to try to get work in Toronto, tho. We're coming off of a boom time and most companies are cutting back to their core guys.

Boom to Bust

I'm hoping that it's not worse than the states. Do you know how many big jobs are just coming out of the hole or framing lower floors. Also who is the framing contractor on Trump

I'm hoping that it's not worse than the states. Do you know how many big jobs are just coming out of the hole or framing lower floors. Also who is the framing contractor on Trump

Perhaps you can poke around & find some information that might help you here - http://www.dailycommercialnews.com/article/id34967

40+ stories with foundations being worked on or beginning to rise

* Four Seasons Yorkville
* Trump
* Shangri-La
* Uptown
* Burano
* Nautilus
* Clear Spirit
* Absolute World (Mississauga)

2010 (proposed/well into sales/subject to financing)

* L Tower
* Aura
* Ice
* Number One Bloor

More are in sales/soon going into sales/undergoing approvals for 2011 & beyond

Last edited:

Back