News   May 02, 2024
 797     1 
News   May 02, 2024
 233     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 313     0 

Heintzman Place (formerly Village By High Park, Junction, Options, 23s, Burka)

5 January 2010 photo update

dsc02521p.jpg

I would argue that your view might actually improve ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
The street edge and the gas bar out of place.
[video=youtube;pqOYjztvApU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqOYjztvApU[/video]

The impact this is having on the area is huge. Keele is gaining a decent streetwall, a wider sidewalk, and retail. The building serves a view terminus on many low-rise Victorian streets running north/south off Dundas (east of Keele). It looks very urban. Thankfully, it has brick cladding. It ties into the area, but stands out nonetheless.

True. If the city approved such "out of character" buildings at this location, what was the big fuss about Giraffe? As I walked by Dun-Bloor yesterday on my long walk to Yorkville/UofT campus/Kensington Market/College St, I thought about our discussion in the Giraffe thread and realized both the city, the locals, and myself were wrong! The area is desperately in need of a "scrub", and Giraffe provided a fresh start. Even walking by Crossways, it's not the height that strikes you as inappropriate, but how the building meets the street! Duh! Giraffe met the street properly.

Live and learn.

From Hook Avenue, these buildings stand out crazily. A friend of mine lives there and while not happy about increased vehicular traffic is looking forward to a boost to the east-of-Keele Dundas strip.

I like to make comparisons to Vancouver, which annoys the locals here.;) Vancouver is great at providing funky public art details--have you seen the huge new "East Van" sign? What I'm saying is wouldn't it be cool if at the top of these buildings a gigantic neon sign lit up saying "the junction?"

Last edited:

Back