News   Jul 26, 2024
 997     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.7K     2 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.6K     3 

Head of Slips (Waterfront Toronto, West 8/DTAH)

Are there any photos of the other one around to see? The other one is even more rippled looking, no? Would be great if when people post the photos, they post which one we're looking at, as this thread is for all of the slips, not just each individual one.

^Well, no, the other one is like the Spadina, except inverted, so the middle drops closer to the lake. BTW, the pics aboce show Simcoe, this is Rees:

rees.jpg

Hope that clarifies that.

So only Simcoe and Rees are being built, Portland coming summer 2010 then?

There's another one that has way more ripples than any of them so far. Which one is that?

Edit: Nevermind, it's Portland Wavedeck.

Last edited:
These wave decks really are something special for the city of Toronto. These decks are just playful pieces of what will be an amaizing waterfront experience in the future.

Thoughtful of them to include smog in the rendering.

haha

Are two or three slips being worked on in the western section of the waterfront? I thought it was three (Portland, Rees & Simcoe) being readied for next summer

dt_toronto_geek:

Two slips (Rees and Simcoe) for this summer and Spadina bridge starting. Originally there is another slip planned for Peter slip but that one completely disappeared off the plans. I think WT is trying to put the emphasis on the bridges - Spadina is the first of 5. Portland is of lower priority - I don't think it is in the budget for now.

AoD

PS: See Slide 3-6 from the Spadina Bridge presentation (47MB) for the list of high-low priority projects.

Last edited:
Excellent AoD, thank you.

With the Spadina bridge constructed, how is that big boat that always parked in the slot go in and out?

With the Spadina bridge constructed, how is that big boat that always parked in the slot go in and out?

Veeeery carefully

KY-Jelly-01.jpg

^LOL

But all kidding aside, I've wondered this for a while now.
Is there supposed to be a bridge across the York Slip?? Because there are quite a few large boats in it.

Portland Slip is seen as being tied in with whatever is happening with the silos. Did I read in the newspaper last year that a public bathing component is seen similar to the public swimming pools in Paris and Berlin?

Back