News   May 07, 2024
 186     0 
News   May 06, 2024
 610     1 
News   May 06, 2024
 1.2K     0 

Has Political Correctness Destroyed Britain?

And that's exactly why radical Islam is a much different and more credible threat to innocent western civilians internationally. If I was a radical Iman or leader of a radical Islamic country I'd be targeting Westerners throughout the globe too. In addition to the perceived slights you mention, it's also easy to divert my people away from their poverty and lack of freedoms by vilifying and blaming the West.
So there's no reason that people living in the Middle East should bring light of their suffering to Westerners? So you're basically asking people to never complain, and never ask for a sorry to people that have beat them down? Well I guess those Inuit we sent up to the Arctic won't be getting an apology, and all those First Nations should shut up about their suffering.

You don't seem to think of it as an actual political situation. You seem to be blinded by the false media accusations that Islam is a dangerous and evil religion instead of the conflict and war on terror the result of hundreds of years of those regions being kicked around by the west. It's enflamed even more when the media has to point out that any sort of attack was made by radical Islamists. After 9/11, people want to create a blame figure, and the media gets more attention when they mention Muslims doing something hateful. Yet when people talk about violence in Africa or China, they don't say "Christian Fundementalists" or "Tibetian Dissidents," they use much lighter language.

A good book on this subject is The Abolition of Britain, by Peter Hitchens, brother of polemic Christopher Hitchens. IMO Britain is not being destroyed by political correctness. There are other things that might destroy Britain. One is the desire by regions for devolution from Westminster. Scotland has a parliament; there is a Welsh assembly. On the other end is the urge for a more federal Europe, in which Britain would play a part, but orders would come down from Brussels. Britain faces political challenges from above and below.

I don't care what religions have done in the past. There is only one religion in the 21st Century that is on an international campaign of terror, striking down anyone, even their own, in the name of the cause.

Are you callling all Catholics pedophiles these days too?

On a somewhat related point: White people have the luxury of not having to represent their entire race when one of their member does something stupid. Paul Bernardo/Ted Bundy/Robert Picton/Jeffery Dahmer/Charles Manson kill a number of people, nobody gives all white men the stinkeye. But one brown guy somewhere does something bad, brown people everywhere feel the repercussions.

And that's exactly why radical Islam is a much different and more credible threat to innocent western civilians internationally. If I was a radical Iman or leader of a radical Islamic country I'd be targeting Westerners throughout the globe too. In addition to the perceived slights you mention, it's also easy to divert my people away from their poverty and lack of freedoms by vilifying and blaming the West.

I am disgusted by modern day western garbage culture.
If a parent tells their kid go clean your room and they say FUCK YOU B**** in response... why not beat the little asshole? Getting to that point itself is just proof of how low society has fallen, but that is reality in many places. Nobody spanks the kids no more, or to me it seems that they do not. Kids for sure do not know what is good for themselves - they know what they "like". But, child abuse organizations are just waiting to jail a parent who spanked their child. It's not abuse, it's discipline damn it. And for that I do feel what the imams are saying. I feel it man. I agree on that aspect big time. I'm not muslim, but man, I do feel that problem of westernization/dumbing down of society.

Their poverty is not necessarily only attributed to them. Colonialism and such stuff play a big role. The assholes who divided iraq in the way that they did... did that not maybe condemn the region for the next couple centuries? The Kurds have no country... the western bastards knew it and did it so on purpose. They fucked up africa. The West is guilty man.

Speaking of blaming the west, most poor people I know blame the "west" for all their problems!

It bothers me when this is used to dismiss the legitimate greviences of people. Sure, the west is got guilty for all their problems. If they did not have 20 kids per family, perhaps things might be better. But still, if we go bomb, pillage and destry them... and they just say "ah who gives a fuck they blame us for all their problems"... well what else are they supposed to do man?

All that come and gone, the main problem with islam, in my opinion, is the expansion, not the rhetoric.

So there's no reason that people living in the Middle East should bring light of their suffering to Westerners? So you're basically asking people to never complain, and never ask for a sorry to people that have beat them down? Well I guess those Inuit we sent up to the Arctic won't be getting an apology, and all those First Nations should shut up about their suffering.
No, I think you misunderstand me. The people living in the Middle East have every right to bring light of their suffering to Westerners, and I can certainly appreciate that from their point of view (politically, religiously, etc) why some radical Muslims want to attack, kill and ultimately destroy the West.

As for the First Nation people of Canada, had I been one of their leaders back in the 1500s when the first post-Viking Europeans arrived, I would have killed every single arrival as soon as they got off their boats, everyone, and every other European going forward. Yes, this was not possible due to the lack of tribal unity, ignorance of the threat Europeans represented, but in hindsight, I wouldn't blame them at all for thinking and acting this way, even today. I remember the Oka crisis and thinking to myself, well of course they're taking to arms and fighting back, if I was FN I'd be doing the exact same thing.

Are you callling all Catholics pedophiles these days too?
No, but it's a numbers game, combined with perception. Not all Pit Bulls or other dangerous dog breeds are at risk of biting my children, but I am always wary of them with my kids. Same goes for Catholic priests, and anyone else in a power position over children.

So you're saying that Islam is not a significantly dangerous religion compared to Christianity or Judaism or Bhuddism? (Well, Bhuddism's a bit of an obvious one.)

I find quite a few religions quite troubling. The whole "lets convert them all" and whatnot. They all want to spread. I frown at that.

Like for example. Those idiots who send their groups to go preach around the world. Man I hate that. Greece has a solution. They banned this proselytizing. It simply causes many problems. And these proselytizers complain that their rights are infringed. That is so sad, to complain about such a great action.

^^ So would that make Mormons your sworn enemy? :rolleyes:
I can see why they would want to though. I mean, if you had a really great idea, wouldn't you want to share it with everyone? However, there are some religions (Catholicism perhaps the worst,) that are just giant bureaucracies. Huge multinational businesses dealing in faith. That's not what it's supposed to be about. Faith is supposed to enlighten and fulfill you, not provide power for others.

Religions such as Bhuddism or Sikhism have got to be the best for me. No higher purpose of the organization; they're almost solely based on the teachings, which are all reflections on the highest levels that main can achieve. And even better, it does not denounce other religions. In fact, I know that at least Bhuddism actively encourages practicing other religions, attending Church or Mosque to see how others hold their philosophies and ideals.
I hate to say it, but Christianity and Islam, as wonderful their teachings and poetry are, have simply become corrupt. Interpretations have been built off of it so that these interpretations become law. They haven't been about the teachings, and are instead all about the religion. That's not how religion should work.

I respect Judaism that way, they never try to convert anyone.

I have some issues with ethnic religions. They look down on other religions. I've been with them a bit so I know that. Luckily most jews are not radical ones. But at any rates... they're often hypocrites. They complain of being victims - while it is well known that they are one of the best off groups. In Israel they are literally having an apartheid system on the palestinians. Now, hey, if they would at least be honest about what they do... but no, they make up outright lies to justify what their stuff. Remember that book "From Time Immemorial", by joan peters? Man, that was as low as they could go... that book is such b.s., mis-using sources, using bad sources, and to spew lies that palestinians supposedly "are new migrants into the region", moving there only in the 1800s. Wtf?

At any rate, they did convert the khazars. It's a question if they would be around at all if they did not convert most of the khazars.

So would that make Mormons your sworn enemy?

I don't know that much about those guys. They're hypocrites too I think. They are supposedly not allowed to drink stuff with... I forget what it was... caffeine or something? I dunno exactly what. But then "coca cola" is exempt from this. Why?-because their organization is one of the main backers of cocacola, or coca cola back then, I forgot which one. That's so lame.
What bothers me is those guys who knock on doors like those witnesses, or those fundamentalist christians. Ugh. Though, I must say that there are some good things in them, as well as in pretty much anything really. They and other groups do not have these social problems like a 60% divorce rate, and stuff like that...

I mean, if you had a really great idea, wouldn't you want to share it with everyone?

Other people have their ideas too though. If i believe that the god is this big invisible pink rabbit that jumps around and says 42! every hour, then why must someone try to 'convert" me? I'm an infidel no doubt for them, some sort of savage. Primitive weirdo. They should respect others - by not imposing themselves on others.
What really annoys me is those idiots at schools sometimes... when they ask you to pray or to pray for you or something like that. Jesus loves you... man screw you and your Jesus, i have an exam, gtfo! I'm so tempted to yell at them.

But some of these groups make it their goal to fight a holy war against other groups. Those fundamentalist christians feel that the catholics are not christian. Wtf???

And deep down I strongly believe that many of these sects are in this stuff solely for their own personal benefit, to make money/cash and whatnot. It's kinda like that simpsons episode when they wanted them to believe in the "leader".

Religions such as Bhuddism or Sikhism have got to be the best for me.

Someone told me that it's about a way of "thought/philosophy" rather than religion? Would that be true?

Sorry for double posting but I just had to...

So I implore you to kneel before the master!, for there is one and only one god, and that is the great holiness the Flying Spaghetti Monster!
Ye landlubber infidels aint got no brains to know much bitter thin him, yaaarrrrrr.
http://www.venganza.org/

n2204717621_189.jpg

lol :)

What bothers me is those guys who knock on doors like those witnesses, or those fundamentalist christians. Ugh. Though, I must say that there are some good things in them, as well as in pretty much anything really. They and other groups do not have these social problems like a 60% divorce rate, and stuff like that...
Ah yes, Jehovah's Witness. They can get annoying at times, but it is kind of specifically part of their religion to do that. It only makes me angry when they have nothing useful to contribute other than some pamphlets.

Other people have their ideas too though. If i believe that the god is this big invisible pink rabbit that jumps around and says 42! every hour, then why must someone try to 'convert" me? I'm an infidel no doubt for them, some sort of savage. Primitive weirdo. They should respect others - by not imposing themselves on others.
What really annoys me is those idiots at schools sometimes... when they ask you to pray or to pray for you or something like that. Jesus loves you... man screw you and your Jesus, i have an exam, gtfo! I'm so tempted to yell at them.
Exactly. But people can learn about other religions. I agree that the conversion is all bad and annoying, but I don't think spreading the word is bad. Giving people new philosophies is in no way bad, and I wouldn't consider even forcing people to read best selling literature to be a bad thing either. But it works on the flip side, where there's people that aren't even willing to hear a single verse from another holy book, or want to totally wipe out other religions.

Someone told me that it's about a way of "thought/philosophy" rather than religion? Would that be true?
Bhuddism, Taoism, Sikhism, Confucianism, and some smaller ones are all much more obviously philosophical than something such as Abrahamic religions. And their teachings, I think, do go further into philosophy than the likes of Christianity or Islam, but remember that ideas and philosophies are being taught in the Bible and Qur'an as well. For the most part though, those religions are not the type of "religion" as Christianity or Hinduism or Judaism are.

Silence, minion! The spaghetti monster is about to come upon us!

:)

but I don't think spreading the word is bad.

It depends on how it's done, I'd say. I don't like religous advertisement. :S

but it is kind of specifically part of their religion to do that.

Poor bastards. I pity the fools.

where there's people that aren't even willing to hear a single verse from another holy book, or want to totally wipe out other religions.

Repression can be in various different ways. :/
I dunno, I think that people can be okay even if they do not look into religion at all whatsoever. But then again, it depends on what their values/ethics are... how they are raised.

I wouldn't consider even forcing people to read best selling literature to be a bad thing either.

Whoah there. There's a lot of b.s. out there that is "best selling".
But I take it as in "good stuff".

But what creeps me out is how people are reading less and less as time goes on... society is like getting dumber and dumber.
I had some friend... she openly said "I don't like to read!" - wtf? I'd hate to be in the shoes of her kid, if she gets one in the future.

Back