News   Jul 11, 2024
 352     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 495     1 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 682     0 

Handicap parking

there are other disabilities people can have that are not obvious, nor require wheelchairs specifically.
also, a portion of the handicapped permit holders are seniors who have mobility issues.
i believe they've worked and paid their fair share of taxes of the decades !

Okay, let's say they have worked hard their whole lives and paid taxes, etc. Wouldn't they then understand the value of hard work? And not accepting handouts like right-at-the-door parking spots?

Ah yes... to welcome spring, it's showers, flowers and the goose stepping as the season of growth and renewal begins...

I swear I will never get used to this crap.

Last edited:
I can't believe this thread is actually happening. Somewhat baffling.
If we are to believe this thread, disabled people don't work, ever. They hibernate in the winter. Don't do important things (though someone might want to look up who Ontario's Lieutenant Governor is), and they're free loaders who have obviously chosen to live with their condition much in the same way we choose what to wear everyday.

This is borderline Third Reich type of stuff.

Let's be honest here, it's not like you see bankers and doctors and CEOs cruising around in wheelchairs. The people using these spaces generally don't have jobs and don't pay taxes.

You must be retarded. I see people in the financial district all the time in wheelchairs or using walkers, going to and from work.

this thread is obviously a joke, a spin off of some other conversation in another thread. just wish i knew what started it.

Last edited:
HAS NO ONE HEARD OF...

universal design? By law, all facilities must be able to cater not just physically disabled, but those with other degrees of disabilities as well. Who didn't knew that accessible parking was nothing more than a "first class seat" for handicaps only?

BTW, did anyone knew why keyboard was designed according to QWERTY standards?
It was designed to slow down typists, not to improve efficiency. Shocking? I think not...

It was designed to slow down typists, not to improve efficiency. Shocking? I think not...

...because mechanical typwriters tended to jam if you typed too fast.
What's your point?

...because mechanical typwriters tended to jam if you typed too fast.
What's your point?

Does anyone really use typewriters nowadays (apart from you, maybe)?
Even at insane speed of typing on keyboards, no way the keys would be stuck against each other.

Unless you mean this:

[video=youtube;PbcctWbC8Q0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbcctWbC8Q0[/video]

My point here? Accessibility is taken in Canada seriously, regardless if there is a disabled user is present or not. Accessible parking also discriminates other drivers such as seniors. As not everyone is pleased with using QWERTY layout.

Want some parking space? But the handicap-only spots are empty? Let's make a handicap-priority parking spot, just like what you see priority seating labels inside the TTC vehicles. Have them replace certain handicap-only lots in addition to fewer number of handicap-only parking spots. Just like getting rid of keyboard in favour of touchscreen/speech-to-text or mind-control apparatus.

None of the above works? Get yourself a fake accessibility parking permit!

Pretty much everyone with disabilities is collecting welfare and disability benefits, not working at an important job like an important person such as myself!

What do you do that makes you so important? No one with 2,000+ posts on UT and another 1,000 on Skyscraper (and comments on a myriad of Toronto-related websites) is that important. Just a fact. And here's another fact: if you died tomorrow, outside your friends and family no one would care or notice. Your employer would easily replace you and with each passing day any sort of minimal impact you've had doing whatever it is you do will fade.

Anyways, here's hoping this thread sticks around in the annals of the internet for years and years to come so that if/when you get that blue sticker one day, it'll be here to remind all of us of the joys of irony.

I honestly can't tell if this thread is serious, or a joke, or an elaborate troll. I'm sad this even needs to be discussed.

1) Any of us fortunate able-bodied people could find ourselves suddenly disabled in the blink of an eye from an accident or disease. Don't be so smug.

2) Many people require wheelchairs or other mobility devices later in life, after decades of working hard and paying taxes. Besides, since when does one's rate of taxation affect the services they receive? Children pay no taxes, should we close the schools? So silly.

3) In a wealthy modern society there is absolutely no reason why we can't make small accommodations for those who are less fortunate than the norm. It's called common decency and compassion.

4) I see people in wheelchairs and motorized scooters all the time in my neighbourhood, with varying degrees of disability.

5) The vast majority of non-wheelchair users are also not Lieutenant Governors.

Does anyone really use typewriters nowadays (apart from you, maybe)?
Even at insane speed of typing on keyboards, no way the keys would be stuck against each other.

Unless you mean this:

[video=youtube;PbcctWbC8Q0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbcctWbC8Q0[/video]

As not everyone is pleased with using QWERTY layout.Accessibility is taken in Canada seriously, regardless if there is a disabled user is present or not. Accessible parking also discriminates other drivers such as seniors.

Want some parking space? But the handicap-only spots are empty? Let's make a handicap-priority parking spot, just like what you see priority seating labels inside the TTC vehicles. Have them replace certain handicap-only lots in addition to fewer number of handicap-only parking spots. Just like getting rid of keyboard in favour of touchscreen/speech-to-text or mind-control apparatus.

None of the above works? Get yourself a fake accessibility parking permit!

OMG, you really are that dense.
You brought the QWERTY keyboard up, I explained it to you...but it went way over your head.
The keys don't get jammed, the hammers with the letters on them do.

If you don't like QWERTY, use one of the other keyboard layouts supported by most operating systems since the 70's.

Your point?

OMG, you really are that dense.
You brought the QWERTY keyboard up, I explained it to you...but it went way over your head.
The keys don't get jammed, the hammers with the letters on them do.

If you don't like QWERTY, use one of the other keyboard layouts supported by most operating systems since the 70's.

Your point?

I thought you were going to discuss about a handicap parking and its issues...

Instead you are carrying over a little thing about a keyboard...

49c0e367.jpg

Back