News   May 15, 2024
 159     0 
News   May 15, 2024
 911     0 
News   May 15, 2024
 710     0 

GTHA Transit Fare Integration

I'm finding this all very confusing. I feel like MX is going to have to invest in some AI, super computer inorder to keep track of all the trips taken and calculate how much to charge.

The AI computer will be so good, that it'll replace Phil Vester as CEO of MX.

You think the AI will learn to mismanage multi-billion dollar transit expansion projects, and bamboozle pols and media quickly then.

Ok.......I might have set a different bar for such a program.... LOL

riders transferring to the 905 regional buses with paper TTC transfers from buses/subway machines
I understand that the each local transit agency and Metrolinx are responsible for communicating the scope and proper uses of the One Fare Program, but I have to wonder why riders would even be allowed to get on non-TTC buses with a TTC paper transfer. Are bus operators suppose to at least try to talk riders attempting to not pay their fare or are riders let on and walk past the driver without any interaction?

One of the region’s newest transit initiatives has hit a major milestone, less than two months after its launch.

As of April 19, transit customers have made over five million transfers between TTC and participating transit systems through Ontario’s One Fare Program.

There are two slides on the subject of One Fare within the CEO's Report on the agenda for next week's TTC meeting:

1715344385088.png

1715344465833.png

From: https://cdn.ttc.ca/-/media/Project/...1e654fd&hash=FCEFDBB47CFF1E55094E90413BD61B4A

Suprised at the virtual card numbers above. As someone who dislikes a carrying a wallet, I would have thought more people using their phone to pay.

I wonder why 24% of respondents were not satisfied with fare integration?

That's not how I read the slide.

I read it as comparing the satisfaction score for the TTC experience as a whole.......

Comparing the score given by those who have used the One Fare Program and those who have not.

In that context, riders using the One Fare program are 3 points happier w/their experience than their peers.

In other words, those One Fare using riders will be less than satisfied w/the TTC for all the normal reasons (unreliable service, delays, safety concerns etc.)

It's not available for iPhones yet.
With only roughly 2.5% using it at the moment on Android, maybe er get another 3 to 4 percent an iOS assuming a 40/60 split Android/iOS. I would have though the number would be much higher considering we're pretty contactless society (I saw studies indicating over 40 percent use mobile wallets). Maybe not enough time has passed...

With only roughly 2.5% using it at the moment on Android, maybe er get another 3 to 4 percent an iOS assuming a 40/60 split Android/iOS. I would have though the number would be much higher considering we're pretty contactless society (I saw studies indicating over 40 percent use mobile wallets). Maybe not enough time has passed...
Mobile wallets are great for credit cards because they don't force you to choose either digital OR physical, you generally have both.

Whereas Presto (and Clipper) make your physical card inactive if you switch to digital. Whereas I don't want to risk my phone dying and not being able to tap on with my Presto card once it's digitized, even though I like the idea of having it on my phone.

Mobile wallets are great for credit cards because they don't force you to choose either digital OR physical, you generally have both.

Whereas Presto (and Clipper) make your physical card inactive if you switch to digital. Whereas I don't want to risk my phone dying and not being able to tap on with my Presto card once it's digitized, even though I like the idea of having it on my phone.

I like collecting transit smart cards when I travel (my collection includes the only smart card usable on two continents: IETT’s Istanbulkart), and was disappointed that most cities I visited in Central Europe didn’t have them. Vienna had an excellent app though.

For express transit cards on iPhone (credit card or transit card/Presto), it’s active for 5+ hours after the battery dies on your phone so you should be good regardless!

Back