News   Apr 26, 2024
 695     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.3K     1 

Great videos around Toronto

T

tayser2

on a motorbike

DrJoe originally posted this on SSC re: the freeways on steriods you have up there, but this one caught my eye:

It's 30meg, WMV.

I haven't visited Toronto yet - but it sure as shit put a lot of things into perspective for me.

So bizarre to see no-hook turns infront of trams (for instance, in that video, cars are turning left and holding up traffic & trams, whereas with a hookturn you would turn left from the right hand side of the road once the traffic has cleared when the traffic lights go to amber)! As strange as it may seem from reading that description, you don't appreciate how useful they are until you have them, and looking at a place that doesn't have them, it's hard to imagine why that's so!

Save for the fact you're driving on the other side of the road, things are a little more contiguous & linear up there and in general there's an extra level on all the buildings which line the street, I've said it before and I'll it again, there's an uncanny resemblance of Melbourne in that video. It's the 'High Street' effect. Very British :lol

weeee!

even though I despise driving, I'm going to make sure I get an intl driver's licence when I head overseas ;)

Yes that would be nice. Driving on your opposite side of the road down the 401. I mean that thing can be a white knuckle drive for the best of us. Hey you can always say you driven North Americas busiest highway, probably the worlds.

eh, do they sell 'I survived the 401' t-shirts?!?

I've seen pictures of 'I survived 9/11 and SARS' on here before

*g* :D

That music though. I couldn't shut the sound off fast enough.

Back