News   May 08, 2024
 615     0 
News   May 08, 2024
 1.3K     3 

Goodbye Dell, hello Mac.

cacruden

Member Bio
Reaction score
As of this week, I received the first Mac that I have purchased (I had used on on loan from a client a decade ago). My 4yr old Dell laptop was getting a little weary in it's old age, so I bought a new laptop -- the Macbook Pro. The major deciding fact was that it has a Unix shell (which is closer to what I deploy my software on) -- yet better support than Linux on new laptops..... So I decided on the Mac. I figured most of the software I use, I could get on the Mac.
i.e. Oracle Enterprise Edition, Java based development, Ruby etc.

Recommendations for websites that deal with the Mac environment (for technical minded people) are always appreciated.

Thanks for the websites.

I have just "played" with it the last two days, but I am quite happy with the new Macbook Pro.

It will take a while for me to completely migrate off of my other "windows only" computer (I have a farm of computers - but only one is Windows) -- simply because I have to wait on a few new releases of software. Even then I may still have to use a virtual copy of windows for some programs (although I am trying to avoid it). Most of the software I use is open-source so I won't need windows for that :)

Back