1.5K     1 
News   Oct 09, 2024
 522     0 

Good/Cheap eats near Ryerson U

carpediem

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hey all..

I'm tired of eating shawarmas, mcdonalds, AMC food court, random ghetto sushi places.. I need something new for my breaks around campus (besides from Salad King)

Any suggestions?? I've done some random searches online.. but most of the good/cheap eats looks like they're in the Annex-ish area

I like that new Irish Nachos place on Church just south of Dundas, and nearby you also have the Golden Diner on Carlton, the Mutual Street Deli on Dundas, and lots of pick-up-and-go stuff at the Metro. There's also Kenzo on Dundas just west of Bay

Totally second Mutual Street Deli; didn't like Kenzo much myself I have to say - IMO overpriced for what it is. There is a new fast food Indian place at College Park in the upper level.

AoD

I think your best bet for cheap eats near Ryerson is "Kathy's Corner" at Dundas and Mutual.

As an example; for just $6.00 you get a delicious roasted breast of chicken with a large salad (choice of cesar or greek) , rice and roasted potatoes.

It is a huge portion of food which you could not make at home for less money.

Cathy's is under new ownership as of a few weeks ago but the menu and quality remain the same and the new owners assured me that they are not changing anything.

Last edited:
Tried Mutual Street Deli.. loving the chocolate chip pancakes
& Kathy's corner.. very big servings!

A new burrito bandidos just opened at Yonge/Grosvener

Back