News   Jul 05, 2024
 3K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 2K     13 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 699     0 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

It might be a while before this happens. I think the track needs work done to bring it up to the required classification.

I would hope that the existing line would get full-day bidirectional service before this is even considered. Nothing against Uxbridge, but expansion to a town of 20,000 in the middle of the greenbelt cannot be a priority.

I would hope that the existing line would get full-day bidirectional service before this is even considered. Nothing against Uxbridge, but expansion to a town of 20,000 in the middle of the greenbelt cannot be a priority.

I would expect that if they were to expand to Uxbridge after full-day service is started, it would be rush hour service only.

They are using those tracks for tours. Go is gonna have to pay to get them to give it up.

The province owns the tracks all the way to Uxbridge and York Durham Railway is leasing them, so payment wouldn't be rendered to YDHR. I also doubt there would be a lot of interference between the two. Are there many tours between 6am and 8am or 4pm and 6pm, Monday to Friday? ;)

They are using those tracks for tours. Go is gonna have to pay to get them to give it up.

They are a non-profit volunteer driven organization running almost exclusively weekend trains on tracks GO Transit bought from CN in 1993. GO isn't going to have to pay them anything. They will be the beneficiaries of GO bringing the tracks up to a higher standard. When GO put in the yard and station at Lincolnville nothing changed.

Are they waiting to change the name of the line to Uxbridge rather than changing it in the short-term to Lincolnville only to change it again to Uxbridge after it's extended? It's the only line not named for its terminus.

Are they waiting to change the name of the line to Uxbridge rather than changing it in the short-term to Lincolnville only to change it again to Uxbridge after it's extended? It's the only line not named for its terminus.

The line still ends in the Town of Whitchurch-Stouffville, and Lincolnville was never really a very large town. Lines should be named to keep customer confusion to a minimum, and I'd argue that changing the name to Lincolnville would increase customer confusion over Stouffville.

The line still ends in the Town of Whitchurch-Stouffville, and Lincolnville was never really a very large town. Lines should be named to keep customer confusion to a minimum, and I'd argue that changing the name to Lincolnville would increase customer confusion over Stouffville.

But when the line is extended to Uxbridge the name should change at that point correct?

Plus, no one outside of Whitchurch-Stouffville had ever heard of Lincolnville prior to the station opening. People would have to look at the system map to know where it went.

I doubt that they are going to rename the Barrie line when Allandale Waterfront station opens. As RedRocket points out about Lincolnville, Allandale station is in the City of Barrie.

I doubt that they are going to rename the Barrie line when Allandale Waterfront station opens. As RedRocket points out about Lincolnville, Allandale station is in the City of Barrie.

Wasn't that supposed to be Barrie station anyway? Hence why we have Barrie South?

2015 is when the 2nd platform is planned to be installed. Sometime in 2012 or early 2013 is when they plan on having some sort of kiss and ride and they tunnel built. The inside of the train station will take at least a year, and should be done by spring 2013.

Back