News   Jun 12, 2024
 405     1 
News   Jun 12, 2024
 333     0 
News   Jun 12, 2024
 400     0 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

Just saw the special train schedule for The Caribbean Carnival tomorrow. I'm curious as to what would prompt the reduced service on the Barrie line's north end I.e. All trains originating and ending at Aurora Station with no train service further north. Don't all the trains come from the Allandale Yard anyway? According tot the schedule, equivalent bus service meets are an hour earlier!!

Construction to install new switches and signals at and around Bradford Station. This is to tie in with the rebuilt layover spots that will start being used in September.

And yes, the replacement bus service requires departures a hell of a lot earlier, even factoring the 15 minute scheduled connection at Aurora.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Construction to install new switches and signals at and around Bradford Station. This is to tie in with the rebuilt layover spots that will start being used in September.

And yes, the replacement bus service requires departures a hell of a lot earlier, even factoring the 15 minute scheduled connection at Aurora.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.
Dan, any idea when weekday off peak trains are starting on the Barrie line?

Not in September.

Sounds like they're targetting January, but it doesn't seem hard-and-fast, either.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Any sense or speculation on the reason? Lack of trained crews? Ridership? Need for more rolling stock? I realize that it's probably hard to distill the reasons.

To where? Orrillia? Collingwood? Short answer: nope.

Long answer: once all day GO train service starts, it may not be that horrible of an idea.

Any sense or speculation on the reason? Lack of trained crews? Ridership? Need for more rolling stock? I realize that it's probably hard to distill the reasons.

There's still a crew shortage going on. They had to pull crews from the standby trains on Friday in order not to have any cancellations.

Howabout evening and weekend service on the Kitchener line?

It's gone quite quiet on that front, and not in a good way. I'm not even hearing estimated starting dates anymore.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

There's still a crew shortage going on. They had to pull crews from the standby trains on Friday in order not to have any cancellations.

Thanks Dan. Just curious. How many standby trainsets are there usually? Are they all at Willowbrook? Will they move any to the East Rail Maintenance Facility?

It's gone quite quiet on that front, and not in a good way. I'm not even hearing estimated starting dates anymore.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Not surprising, really, with all the political focus now on the bypass it should shock no one if the rail service we have now on the KW line is all there is until sometime in the 2020 decade when the bypass is built. Pretty sure you would have a hard time finding a local politician repping anywhere on the line that is even aware that the 2016 provincial budget contained that March 31, 2017 deadline I jokingly referred to above.

Back