News   Jul 16, 2024
 370     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 476     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.3K     3 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

I agree that this is a real and immediate need for Cambridge. ( If I were @Tigermaster's Transport Minister, the trains would have been running by now). But please explain how this is a closer step. If anything it's just a smokescreen for an inexcusable further delay. Nothing prevents GO from sitting down with CP and hammering out a deal - today.

It's a closer step because this starts providing the service pattern and allows ridership to help build a case for investing in the rail corridor.

Nothing prevents a deal with CP? Not even money?

There's been a lot of rumours, but I think that's the first evidence in black and white. Effective November 27, 2015. If I remember correctly, the rumours pre-date that!

This begs the question why CP is delivering the new GO bilevels to CN at Lambton, to take a roundabout detour to Aldershot for delivery to Willowbrook. CP could simply drop the cars at Obico and GO could come and get them. For that matter, if kicked, they would probably roll down to Canpa on their own.

- Paul

The correspondence would appear to be about this sign along the QEW - which ML may now own. And they say they need it as a revenue tool.

Personally I hate those big highway signs, wish they would all be torn down.

This is how we advance the debate on revenue tools ???????

- Paul

Screen Shot 2016-05-04 at 7.56.09 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-04 at 7.56.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-04 at 7.56.09 PM.png
    887.3 KB · Views: 852
^that's not the first thing that popped into my mind when I read the post about the acquisition......is there any other public body that can spend money acquiring property and not let us know for months and, it seems, never let us know how much of our money they spent and under what conditions?

This begs the question why CP is delivering the new GO bilevels to CN at Lambton, to take a roundabout detour to Aldershot for delivery to Willowbrook. CP could simply drop the cars at Obico and GO could come and get them. For that matter, if kicked, they would probably roll down to Canpa on their own.

That's a question for Bombardier isn't it? I assume Bombardier maintains control/ownership/responsibility of the car until GO officially accepts it which would be after full testing and mechanics tear it apart.

The correspondence would appear to be about this sign along the QEW - which ML may now own. And they say they need it as a revenue tool.

Personally I hate those big highway signs, wish they would all be torn down.

This is how we advance the debate on revenue tools ???????

- Paul

View attachment 74845

This is how I stumbled on that document. An avid city hall watcher on twitter, @neville_park, said that there was stunned silence in the chamber after voting for this variance to the sign bylaw:

2tmMbh7.png

Link to the original motion is here.

- Paul

CP and CN discontinued their interchange agreement at Mimico about 2 years ago.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

I'm a little slow on the uptake at navigating the City website - was this a recorded vote? Is there a link to the record of who voted for it? Can't seem to find it in the minutes.

It must be very frustrating to work for the City and watch Council ignore one's recommendations in cases like this.

- Paul

CP and CN discontinued their interchange agreement at Mimico about 2 years ago.
Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Fair enough, CP can't deliver to Willowbrook as only CN has switching rights there - but can't CP deliver to somewhere on the Canpa? CN is getting a windfall here.

- Paul

Fair enough, CP can't deliver to Willowbrook as only CN has switching rights there - but can't CP deliver to somewhere on the Canpa? CN is getting a windfall here.

- Paul

Perhaps, but according to the data in UMLER Willowbrook is listed as being accessible by CN only. They'd have to change it, and I don't know what that would entail.

Dan
Toronto, Ont

- Paul

Perhaps, but according to the data in UMLER Willowbrook is listed as being accessible by CN only. They'd have to change it, and I don't know what that would entail.

Dan
Toronto, Ont

Could it be that this information is outdated? Metrolinx is the owner of the Oakville sub...

Back