News   Oct 18, 2024
 3.7K     11 
News   Oct 18, 2024
 433     0 
News   Oct 18, 2024
 1.6K     5 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

Currently on the special weekend Kitchener Line train from Guelph this weekend. And the platform is packed! Lots of students and families utilizing the service.

And something that’s never happened before at smaller GO stations: a live announcement over the PA system about crowding and the length of the train.

They must have had someone watching the CCTV cameras from the operations centre. They were warning people not to use the yellow strip to pass, train lengths and whatnot. The train even crawled through the platform to avoid hitting someone. That’s rare.

If this isn’t a sign that frequent all day (re: weekend) service is needed on the Kitchener Line all the way to Kitchener then I don’t know what will do it.

Re: Niagara, it takes a little foresight, but it's forseeable.

When the forecast a week out says highs of 20+, and the leaves are starting to look good, a reasonable person responsible for service scheduling should be able to know that there will likely be some demand. And perhaps they have past data to rely on.

If you tell me it takes over 5 days to book an extra coach or two, fine. If not, I don't see an excuse.

Back