News   Jun 20, 2024
 416     1 
News   Jun 20, 2024
 1.5K     6 
News   Jun 20, 2024
 610     0 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

Riding LSW at late night yesterday - it was distinctively trashy. Riders sprawled (because there is no better way to put it) across multiple seats like it is a Triclinium; a washroom looking like it is a disaster and to add insult to injury - finding out there is no water after soaping up.

AoD

Riding LSW at late night yesterday - it was distinctively trashy. Riders sprawled (because there is no better way to put it) across multiple seats like it is a Triclinium; a washroom looking like it is a disaster and to add insult to injury - finding out there is no water after soaping up.

AoD
I make it a habit to check the water and soap before I use the washroom on a GO train.

AoD
I was on the 11.47 LSW train. Garbage everywhere. Hard to find a seat without a napkin, balled up paper or worse on it, as well as on the floor. It was unusual enough for us to comment on it.

I was on the 11.47 LSW train. Garbage everywhere. Hard to find a seat without a napkin, balled up paper or worse on it, as well as on the floor. It was unusual enough for us to comment on it.
People have always been pigs. 30 years of taking GO, I’m never surprised seeing beer cans and bottles, spilled beer, other trash and messed up washrooms on late night trains. I don’t know if there’s a reasonable way for GO to do a quick clean of their trains every now and then. It would be nice, but people just need to stop being so selfish and inconsiderate.

I'm out of the loop, so I will ask - was there a country music concert downtown last night?

My experience is, that particular audience is far messier than most - death metal and hiphop fans go home peacefully, but the out of town country kids seem to expect to drink on the trains on the way downtown, and come home blind drunk afterwards.... leaving bottles and cans inntheir wake.

I don't usually single any one group out for judgement, and the music itself is within my tastes and I have been to such concerts ... but I won't deny having made this observation before.

- Paul

People have always been pigs. 30 years of taking GO, I’m never surprised seeing beer cans and bottles, spilled beer, other trash and messed up washrooms on late night trains. I don’t know if there’s a reasonable way for GO to do a quick clean of their trains every now and then. It would be nice, but people just need to stop being so selfish and inconsiderate.

The reasonable thing is to catch and ban these folks from riding.

AoD

I don't think I saw this posted here...

Looks like a near miss with DOW truck last week at the Manse Rd crossing (LSE) is going to slow trains to 50 and have them blow the whistle. Presumably until the safety assessment completes...

This is one of the spots residents complained about the whistles before... Now they're back.

Screenshot_20240614_164726.jpg

Interestingly.. From the same late 2023 article:
Screenshot_20240614_170623.jpg

And what work are they doing and why did they remove the whistles/speed restrictions?
Screenshot_20240614_170637.jpg

Last edited:

Back