News   May 15, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   May 15, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   May 15, 2024
 1K     1 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

Apparently a GO coach at Union was evacuated last night due to catching fire, in/around midnight.

Yup not looking good, possibly a total loss depending on the extent of the fire and water damage to the electrical/pneumatics. In the very least the entire interior will have to be gutted.
signal-2023-11-04-12-28-06-971.jpg

signal-2023-11-04-163043.jpeg

signal-2023-11-04-163055.jpeg

signal-2023-11-04-163035.jpeg

One coach doesn’t matter on the grand scale of things, at least the entire train wasn’t damaged (at least to our knowledge)

That's the one.

I don't know where the photos are, perhaps in another thread? - but there was a photo somewhere here showing the car number.

Reactions: PL1
It’s bad enough we have so few trains and no expansion in site. Now we have constant delayed trains due to “track speed reductions” whatever that means.

And the train has seriously been crawling most of the way at least a week now.
It's leaves on the tracks season, but I bet they learned not to publicly say that anymore.

Hmm… to Hamilton or Toronto? Probably a foregone conclusion, though the former (or a mix) would be nice. If there were ever a VIA route that could easily be absorbed by GO, it’s Toronto-London via Brantford. Way more proven as viable than the now-cancelled route.

I wouldn't mind a couple of peak hour trains to Brantford - not the worst idea, for sure.

I do wonder if a train to Hamiton GO Centre would be just as busy as one to Toronto though. Maybe 2 trains to GO Centre and 2 to Toronto in each rush hour period. The two to Hamilton could then turn around and become 2 additional peak hour trains to Toronto out of Hamilton GO.

I wouldn't mind a couple of peak hour trains to Brantford - not the worst idea, for sure.

I do wonder if a train to Hamiton GO Centre would be just as busy as one to Toronto though. Maybe 2 trains to GO Centre and 2 to Toronto in each rush hour period. The two to Hamilton could then turn around and become 2 additional peak hour trains to Toronto out of Hamilton GO.
If you used West Harbour you could even continue on to Niagara in the off-peak. I have a feeling a Hamilton-bound train won’t be very full coming from Brantford alone, so it might be better suited to DMUs or shorter consists on a through-service to elsewhere.

Back