News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.9K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 781     0 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

If we get this Cambridge to Guelph connection going, then that opens the Waterloo region to Wellington. Then naturally, a proper midday Kitchener to Guelph bus would finally get into service, which in turn also gives Owen Sound a proper connection to KW via the "Guelph Owen Sound Transportation", giving anyone living along Lake Huron an actual transit connection to mostly all of the Greater Golden Horseshoe. Hopefully by then, there could be a direct bus between Hamilton to at least Cambridge, so that anyone living in the entire southwest of Ontario could be at least 30-60 mins away from a public transit mode.

I thought the plan would be that some trains from Union would go Guelph to Kitchener, and some would go Guelph to Cambridge. I can't see them running a Guelph-Cambridge shuttle.

I thought the plan would be that some trains from Union would go Guelph to Kitchener, and some would go Guelph to Cambridge. I can't see them running a Guelph-Cambridge shuttle.

What you thought was under consideration is what I thought too, until I read the plan.

But if you read the plan, its a shuttle with a transfer.

I really think that GO would do an awesome job linking eastern Ontario via Highway 2 starting in Newcastle. It can serve towns that don't have VIA service. Newton ville, porthope, Cobourg, Grafton, Colborne, Brighton, Trenton and Belleville towards Kingston. It can be a shuttle to the VIA station to take people between the stations.

Caroline Mulroney, Minister of Transportation, will make an announcement about GO Transit improvements for Richmond Hill. Wednesday, June 16, 2021, 3 pm

Looks like Bloomington GO is opening soon.
June 28th, to be precise.

Niagara Falls train service is also returning, either that weekend or the one following - it wasn't made clear to me.

Dan

Back