News   May 21, 2024
 655     0 
News   May 21, 2024
 541     0 
News   May 21, 2024
 429     0 

GO Transit Fleet Equipment and other

Plus, why? The current crop of BiLevels does everything asked of them just fine, there'd be no point in introducing a new model with its own parts inventory and practices.

I’m guessing this means converting already existing BiLevels, I don’t see why they’d order brand new cars just for bikes.
Yeah. I assume that they would come from the bilevels that are currently being refurbished in either North Bay or the Thunder Bay Plant.

Would love to see a dedicated bike car livery like Metra has. Link.

MetraBikeCarFBCrop.jpg

Maybe Metrolinx could order some coaches from CRRC like Exo did?
I’d rather not something so crazy like that, a simple bike symbol would work fine alongside proper signage on the platforms

Yeah. I assume that they would come from the bilevels that are currently being refurbished in either North Bay or the Thunder Bay Plant.
Caltrain in California has their BiLevel Cab Cars act as bike cars, perhaps converting all of the cab cars (both 200 and 300 series) to allow for bike storage would allow for every train to atleast have 1 bike car.

GO currently has Series II and Series VII cars under refurbishment right now, if they were to convert existing coaches to bike cars the Series II cars would definitely be the better option since they have a larger lower and no lower level washroom, so they would be able to fit up to 9 more bicycles than the VII coaches could.
You_Doodle+_2023-03-12T23_51_25Z.png
You_Doodle+_2023-03-13T00_01_21Z.png

Last edited:
Just passed by Willowbrook, appears as though the consist with 208 does not have a loco attached to it. And look at the consist it appears to be some sort of storage line.
F63BBE0F-9F31-46B9-9B1A-5128776AE21C.jpeg
98C727A1-883C-4C11-A4FA-5DFAF351167B.jpeg

Oh yeah, I saw prototype MP54 647 outside at Willowbrook a few days ago, it’s supposedly still there.

Wonder what’s GO’s plan with it since it’s reportedly a very crappy runner and hasn’t been used in almost a year.
A182BD05-3BBD-4E87-82E3-C0DD9760FBCD.jpeg

F59 560 supposedly overheated and burst a waterline while on a Barrie run, the consist will be towed back towards Willowbrook.

F59 560 supposedly overheated and burst a waterline while on a Barrie run, the consist will be towed back towards Willowbrook.
The consist has now been towed back to Willowbrook.

560’s condition is unknown on how serious the damage was.

Observation: I have seen now many of the remaining old cab cars (251-257) are now being placed on 10 car consists.

I have counted 253, 256, and 257 all on 10 car consists on the Barrie, Kitchener and Stouffville.

Before this all the old cab cars were on 12 car consists doing mostly Lakeshore runs.

Back