News   May 10, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.9K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.2K     0 

GO Transit Fleet Equipment and other

So here's something interested that was found.

Seeming to be cataloged sometime in 2018, likely for the Amtrak bid, GE (now Wabtec) appeared to model a modernized version of the Genesis locomotive know as the P47AC. While it was not chosen, it still could be available as it was built in Erie.

It could be another option for GO's locomotive bid.

So here's something interested that was found.

Seeming to be cataloged sometime in 2018, likely for the Amtrak bid, GE (now Wabtec) appeared to model a modernized version of the Genesis locomotive know as the P47AC. While it was not chosen, it still could be available as it was built in Erie.

It could be another option for GO's locomotive bid.
That’s an excellent find! The fact that it is a tri-axle is a little weird however. GO has enough adhesion issues as is, I would hope they pick a dual axle locomotive.

Last edited:
Giving Boston issues with their 40 MPI HSP46 locomotives, Metrolinx have some tough calls to make for this model.

Looks like a MPI HSP46
That's because it is - but with additional axles to handle Amtrak's more stringent weight restrictions.

Giving Boston issues with their 40 MPI HSP46 locomotives, Metrolinx have some tough calls to make for this model.
They had teething issues when built, but have been pretty reliable over the past 5 years.

Dan

That's because it is - but with additional axles to handle Amtrak's more stringent weight restrictions.

They had teething issues when built, but have been pretty reliable over the past 5 years.

Dan
3 axle passenger locomotive? Are they CC configuration?

Now here's something funny and interesting I'd thought I'd mention

There was a point in time today where the entire Kitchener line was powered by solely F59s (the London train and 3 off peak 6 car sets)

Image taken from Transsee.ca
image.png

Now here's something funny and interesting I'd thought I'd mention

There was a point in time today where the entire Kitchener line was powered by solely F59s (the London train and 3 off peak 6 car sets)

Image taken from Transsee.ca
image.png
London trains are solely F59's.

Have seen F59's doing the Mount Pleasant/Stouffville runs with one passing another many times let alone the KW train. They are as still a work horse on various lines today and can easy push/pull 6 cars trains.

London trains are solely F59's.

Have seen F59's doing the Mount Pleasant/Stouffville runs with one passing another many times let alone the KW train. They are as still a work horse on various lines today and can easy push/pull 6 cars trains.
On that note when will the f59s be replaced? They seem to be the last of the old stragglers still on service. Will the new order push finally them out?

On that note when will the f59s be replaced? They seem to be the last of the old stragglers still on service. Will the new order push finally them out?
Metrolinx confirmed the new wave of diesels will not be retiring the F59s.

Also I feel the F59s will continue to remain as long as the St. Mary's bridge still cannot support the weight of the heavy MPI units.

Metrolinx confirmed the new wave of diesels will not be retiring the F59s.

Also I feel the F59s will continue to remain as long as the St. Mary's bridge still cannot support the weight of the heavy MPI units.
so does ML intend to have these be walking deads before they replace them?

so does ML intend to have these be walking deads before they replace them?
First of all there are lots of agencies that still use them in regular service.

Also the St Mary's bridge cannot accomodate MP40PH's so they need at Least 4 F59PH locomotives around.

Might as well make use of them. They are worth good money on the used market since they have onboard HEP and are based on Geep locomotives and there are plenty of those still around.

Back