News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.6K     5 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 677     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.3K     1 

GO Transit: Corridor Studies

Hi All,

I started the 'Ontarian Transit Plan Database' (found here). I will upload the Bolton and Cambridge GO justification reports on that drive. I've decided to expanded the scope to included all transit projects in Ontario - There are a lot of ION and Otrain documents that got taken down recently so archiving that information is a priority.

Please DM me if you would like to receive edit privileges (ie have the ability to upload material to that drive).

I was reading about a large development being proposed for eastern Guelph and saw mention of a new GO station there which is the first that I am hearing about it.

Thought I’d drop this neat little piece of history in here:
You_Doodle+_2024-01-18T19_49_55Z.jpeg

Hi All,

I started the 'Ontarian Transit Plan Database' (found here). I will upload the Bolton and Cambridge GO justification reports on that drive. I've decided to expanded the scope to included all transit projects in Ontario - There are a lot of ION and Otrain documents that got taken down recently so archiving that information is a priority.

Please DM me if you would like to receive edit privileges (ie have the ability to upload material to that drive).
I have quite a lot to add there, just give me a couple days and I’ll move some stuff there

Has there been a study regarding GO trains using the CN mainline between Georgetown and Aldershot? That would provide easier access to Hamilton/ Niagara for people on the Kitchener line, and easier access to Kitchener/ Guelph for people on LSW. Have a 6 car consist running up and down between the two existing stations with a new station in North Burlington and another one in Milton. Probably somewhere close to Main St./ downtown Milton.

Has there been a study regarding GO trains using the CN mainline between Georgetown and Aldershot? That would provide easier access to Hamilton/ Niagara for people on the Kitchener line, and easier access to Kitchener/ Guelph for people on LSW. Have a 6 car consist running up and down between the two existing stations with a new station in North Burlington and another one in Milton. Probably somewhere close to Main St./ downtown Milton.
You_Doodle+_2024-02-02T04_29_08Z.jpeg
You_Doodle+_2024-01-21T03_55_06Z.jpeg

That last one does feel like it could have had some things going for it if it had been positioned as an alternative to ION.

Nobody here seems to be talking about the Cross Regional Connector Line.
This line was proposed by Metrolinx and the Government of Ontario in the The Massive Move project. This line would connect many economically important areas in the GTHA, filling important gaps in todays transit network.
You_Doodle+_2024-04-01T16_14_52Z.jpeg

This line was proposed by Metrolinx and the Government of Ontario in the The Massive Move project. This line would connect many economically important areas in the GTHA, filling important gaps in todays transit network.View attachment 552711
Well done! This is a great April 1 post because you've posted so many excellent (and real) maps over the past months/years, and because it's obviously a joke. 👏👏👏

This line was proposed by Metrolinx and the Government of Ontario in the The Massive Move project. This line would connect many economically important areas in the GTHA, filling important gaps in todays transit network.View attachment 552711
If this isn't a Hyperloop i'm not taking it.

Hyperloop, the ultimate April fools joke.

Also, you should have called it the Big Move project. And abbreviated it to the BM project.

No government would be silly enough to call their project the BM.

Back