News   May 28, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   May 28, 2024
 1.8K     0 
News   May 28, 2024
 582     0 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

I was walking through The Junction today, and noticed a new (?) signal on the ground at the Wallace Ave grade crossing (along the Barrie Line). I'm wondering if this is just a replacement for an old signal, or if it is intended to be installed at a new location.

fullsizeoutput_6b8.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_6ba.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_6b9.jpeg

I was walking through The Junction today, and noticed a new (?) signal on the ground at the Wallace Ave grade crossing (along the Barrie Line). I'm wondering if this is just a replacement for an old signal, or if it is intended to be installed at a new location.

View attachment 182939View attachment 182940View attachment 182941

Great catch! The contract for the Davenport Diamond is set to close this spring, and will involve track relocation while construction is happening. There's a good chance this signal is for that.

Off the current topic, so please forgive me. But does anyone know if the level crossings along the Stouffville Line, between the Scarborough Junction(?) and Unionville Go, are going to be separated? And if so, why not now, while the whole thing is still such a mess being worked on? Outside of Steeles, which is being done.

Off the current topic, so please forgive me. But does anyone know if the level crossings along the Stouffville Line, between the Scarborough Junction(?) and Unionville Go, are going to be separated? And if so, why not now, while the whole thing is still such a mess being worked on? Outside of Steeles, which is being done.

Metrolinx is currently looking at options for grade separations at Scarborough Jct, and has confirmed grade separations at Steeles Ave and Finch East

There was a metrolinx document on all the grade separations that needed to be done for RER, and a list of what was a priority.

EDIT: found it

http://www.metrolinx.com/en/docs/pd.../20170217_BoardMtg_RER_Level_Crossings_EN.pdf

Last edited:
^ Is that a general observation or did you just ride it?

Are they still backing into and out of West Harbour? I'm surprised no rail fan has done a video of it (I don't live there so hard to get over there).

Back