News   Jul 15, 2024
 765     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 916     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 638     0 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

So from here they will manage all GO routes? Up as well? What's the estimated time for completion? It seems to be going up fast

Yes my understanding is all GO rail and bus routes, and I am assuming UP Express too, but some forum members may be able to correct me if I'm wrong. Completion and operation is supposed to be in summer 2018. I'd assume that installing all the control equipment and testing it will take lots of time, so I assume that we will be looking at a structure that is completed on the outside, but unfinished on the inside for a seemingly long time.

Also, I got some information from the Town of Oakville on the Kerr Street grade separation project that will be built in Oakville. I emailed the town asking what the timeline is, and this was their response:

Hello Alex:

In response to your email, Metrolinx has made the Kerr Street underpass project a priority from their perspective to eliminate the at-grade crossing of the railway tracks. They would like us to proceed as quickly as possible however there are a few things that have to be resolved before we can move forward.

Three of the more significant items that need to be addressed are the acquisition of lands along the Kerr Street corridor, the approval of the underpass structure plans from Metrolinx and a cost sharing agreement with Metrolinx to fund the overall project.

Metrolinx also has works planned along this corridor which involves the electrification of the rail line. Therefore, even if were able to secure funding, be granted approval of our design and acquire the necessary lands, we wouldn't be able to begin our project until 2022 when the Metrolinx works would be completed and is also when our capital budget identifies project funding to be available.

From a timing perspective, the overall project will take approximately two and a half years to complete.

I hope this answers your questions, if you need anything further, please let me know.

Thank you

**insert employee name**

Project Leader - Capital Projects
Engineering & Construction
Town of Oakville

Render of the Steeles Avenue grade separation from the pubic meeting held last week. Preferred solution is 6 lanes with a separated cycle track and a pedestrian bridge across beside the rail bridge, providing access to the Pacific Mall from Milliken station. Direct Steeles bus loading and unloading with access to the pedestrian bridge, too.

Steeles Grade Separation.png

Attachments

• Steeles Grade Separation.png
    Steeles Grade Separation.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,211
Regarding Kerr Street, it appears that Oakville is waiting on electrification before they proceed. So 2024 or 2025 completion on that one I guess.

Render of the Steeles Avenue grade separation from the pubic meeting held last week. Preferred solution is 6 lanes with a separated cycle track and a pedestrian bridge across beside the rail bridge, providing access to the Pacific Mall from Milliken station. Direct Steeles bus loading and unloading with access to the pedestrian bridge, too.

And here's a link to the presentation and project website on the City's website.

Last edited:

View attachment 95520

6 lanes? I'm hoping that actually is 4 + 2 lanes for future BRT.

Back