News   Jul 16, 2024
 140     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 288     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1K     3 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

Drum has been posting pictures of it as it is built.....you just have to flop back through the pages of this thread.

Anyone have pics or renders of the Oakville Operations centre.

As promised, here are some pictures from this morning of the now above-grade Oakville GO Transit Control Centre. Tons of pieces on site for assembly, so I will update the forum over the holidays as it rises.

BNwB358.jpg

IKNGVAw.jpg

EnimkbK.jpg

Uwi5yqm.jpg

Humm!!! starting the steel erection in the centre when it looked like the east end, since it was ready when I was there on Nov 27

Putting fuel tanks in at the west end that will be close at grade, leaving a small section still to have the first floor form.

First time seeing a rendering for this complex. Will part of the 3rd floor be all green or an area for the employees to use as well?? Hard to say if solar panels will be use for the roof.

Apologies if a link to this picture has already been posted but the truss for the third track at Bayview Junction has been installed: http://www.railpictures.ca/?attachment_id=27384

A link on the photo description is included for a great shot of the third track being installed on the CP line.

Where is the 3rd track for CP as that the CN Line?? CP twin track bridge is to the bottom

Once the bridge in place, the precast deck will be install on it.

The real work will take place at the junction, requiring tracks to be shift to allow for new crossovers as well wiring up the new signals mast. The track work going over the new bridge and connecting it to the yard will be a simple insulation since most of the work is done for it. A switch some where to the east will have to be cut into the existing track 1 that will be come track 2.

This what it look like on Nov 27
31441240972_aa9e290068_h.jpg

30746452204_78629643ff_h.jpg

Haaaa!!!!! What can I say that I haven't said before.

Its quit clear that Metrolinx is clueless when dealing with poor performance by a contractor when they are not willing to terminate them. If this was in the public sector, Bondfield would be gone years ago and the project finish now. Wait, didn't they replace APlus??? If they replace APlus, then something going on for not replacing Bondfield!!.

When the statement was made by the spokesperson for Metrolinx earlier this year that most of the station would be open this fall and full completion in 2017, I said I have a bridge for sale as it will be 2017 before it is open. Both my visited in Nov after not seeing the site since the summer told me that be no opening this this year, especially when the elevators where still not in service. Even my visited in the summer said 2017 opening let along I saw monthly up to April this year.

Progress on Burlington GO station going nowhere

. If this was in the public sector, Bondfield would be gone years ago and the project finish now. Wait, didn't they replace APlus??? If they replace APlus, then something going on for not replacing Bondfield!!.

I don't understand what you mean by "if this was in the public sector". The project is being managed by Metrolinx, which is a public agency. Is it not in the public sector in your mind because Bonfield is the contractor?

Either way, in my mind this project is the responsibility of Metrolinx and hopefully some kind of system is put in place to prevent this from happening again or making it less likely offenders of contract failings are given future work.

Back