News   Aug 23, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 2.1K     4 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 560     0 

Globe: Not your mother's Niagara Falls

The restaurant did include black pudding as part of its full English breakfast buffet. Can't get much more British than that! Only £13.95! Seriously. Waiters with fresh pots of instant coffee wandering about included.

These days the mainstays of British Cuisine are Onion Bhajis, Saag Paneer, and chips, err... fries.

I considered posting a pic of a full english breakfast with black pud, but upon finding such a picture decided that it's such an unappealing sight that it would completely ruin this thread.

The restaurant did include black pudding as part of its full English breakfast buffet. Can't get much more British than that! Only £13.95! Seriously. Waiters with fresh pots of instant coffee wandering about included.

Fresh pots of instant coffee! Yuck!

Actually that seems to describe a lot of hotel restaurants, expensive, yet skimpy.

"These days the mainstays of British Cuisine are Onion Bhajis, Saag Paneer, and chips, err... fries."

Don't forget McTandoori Chicken! And McPork!

And don't forget chicken vindaloo. So part of British culture that a song was written about it. Footie and vindaloo in one song... now that's British.

"Don't forget McTandoori Chicken! And McPork!"

Still yet to see those at McD's in London, but admittedly I'm not exactly looking for it. What I find amusing is the McDonalds-meets-Indian shops that have popped up all over the city; it's not hard to find a tandoori burger.

Now what I do remember is .. "Poppadum over to McDonalds"

"Still yet to see those at McD's in London"

I'm almost certain the McPork was a limited time thing to boost pork consumption during the hoof 'n mouth crisis since I spotted - but did not try - it in 2001. Come eat pork at McDonald's! If that doesn't bolster support for piggies, I don't know what would...maybe a photoshopped pic of Di munching pork rinds?

If memory serves me correctly, the McTandoori Chicken had a different name that I'm butchering. I think it came in a pita? I also did not try it, but everyone else liked it.

McDonald's in Canada should serve poutine...mmm, poutine...

McDonald's in Canada should serve poutine...mmm, poutine...

Some of them do, and it's not bad actually. Stay away from Burger King's though.

^ Any in Toronto? I've never seen it...but since they got their new photographic menus, they're wont to not include everything on it.

Niagra Falls

I was in Niagra Falls last weekend and checked out their downtown for the first time and I was in shock. Even downtown Mississauga was looking ok by comparison. With all the tourism money coming into NF it's amazing the downtown can look like something from a 3rd world country. Hell, even the third world countries I've been to had better downtowns then Niagra Falls. They got to do something, what's a city without a downtown? That's just sad.

Back