News   Jul 04, 2024
 711     0 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 613     1 

Glass buildings and window coverings.

JayBee

Member Bio
Reaction score
It would be great if glass buildings (Spire, X, Casa, Murano, etc... come to mind) came with window coverings (ie: roller shades). Why? The building would just have a much more uniform look (like office buildings). I'd be willing to pay the extra money.

Am I completely out to lunch here?

i agree with you, but it is really down to preference and I suppose the uniform look doesn't bode well for sales. depends what kinda people the building is marketed to i guess..

I agree with that too. Some builders offer window coverings. My condo came with horizontal mini blinds on all windows and glass doors. It's not exactly what I want but its an extra expense I dont need to put out for and saves me from having to do it on my own.

Here's a pic of Spire (Courtesy of Casaguy)

DSCN3365.jpg

Looks nice and uniform

then look a 22 Wellesley:
3672333309_b60d7e38d4_o.jpg

blech!

bleh to you.

If you're going for such a look buy up an entire condo next time one goes up so you can fulfill your fansty.

Moreover, I absolutely love how dynamic / lived in those balconies are, I'm not sure how anyone can favour the sterile un-lived in look but to each his/her own.

We complain a lot about the lack of colour in Toronto, I see a lot of colour in that second picture.

bleh to you.

If you're going for such a look buy up an entire condo next time one goes up so you can fulfill your fansty.

Moreover, I absolutely love how dynamic / lived in those balconies are, I'm not sure how anyone can favour the sterile un-lived in look but to each his/her own.

We complain a lot about the lack of colour in Toronto, I see a lot of colour in that second picture.
I don' mind the "lived in" look. I don't mind color either. I just think if the window coverings were the same the building above would look that much better.

Ah ...

That's a completely different issue.

:p

I'm pretty sure that Glas came with window coverings. I don't have any photos, but when I walked by the other day, I remarked about how nice it looked with uniform window coverings throughout. I think all buildings should do this...people can always put their own curtains or whatever inside their unit in front of the uniform blinds.

I think some condos state that window coverings or drapes must be white coloured viewed from the outside, written into the purchase agreement.

I wonder if they also have balcony anti-clutter rules. :)

Back