Garrison Point (Diamondcorp/Cityzen/Fernbrook) - Real Estate -

Has anyone received any updates or news about the buildings progress for moving people in during the lockdown. Anyone who had PDI or occupancy scheduled, have your dates been pushed at all?

Hi:

We are planning to schedule our move by the end of January as we have occupancy on 13 Jan. In answer to the previous question, our occupancy is firm to date as advised by our solicitor who has received necessary documents from the developer's solicitor.

Does anyone know the telephone number of the concierge at Playground in order to book an elevator for moving for a specific time and date. I can't seem to find that information. We are meeting with our lawyer on Thursday to sign documentation and provide him with the post dated cheques for the monthly occupancy fee pending final closing and registration. I will ask our lawyer to obtain that information and provide it to the forum if no one else has it or can provide it. Thanks. J

Hi

PDI was completed on December 1st
Occupancy date December 22nd
Locker and parking information can be found on the document you sign when grabbing your keys to unit.

10 post dated cheques start in February.
  1. Does anybody know when the builders are going to fix all the issues found from the initial PDI? I have submitted a 90 day form to Tarion just to follow up, but wanted everything to be fixed before moving in?
  2. Does anyone have experience with pre-construction timelines regarding: Occupancy date vs final closing date? How long does the builder (Cityzen) usually take to get the final closing docs? 2 months? 3 months? 1 year?

I am yet to be informed about the PDI for my unit;
Got contacted by the builder last Friday regarding whether I still want a locker (which I said yes to).

I am yet to be informed about the PDI for my unit;
Got contacted by the builder last Friday regarding whether I still want a locker (which I said yes to).
What floor/unit did you purchase? We are on the 10th floor unit 11 and we have not been contacted about a PDI or whether we want a locker. At the signing they asked and we said we wanted to be put down on the list- but they told us they can't assign one until we move in, but this was basically a "running list" at the time.

What floor/unit did you purchase? We are on the 10th floor unit 11 and we have not been contacted about a PDI or whether we want a locker. At the signing they asked and we said we wanted to be put down on the list- but they told us they can't assign one until we move in, but this was basically a "running list" at the time.
Not too far off from your floor. SE corner. Are you also on the corner that had an exterior hoist during the building's construction?
I'm pretty sure my situation isn't much different from yours.

Not too far off from your floor. SE corner. Are you also on the corner that had an exterior hoist during the building's construction?
I'm pretty sure my situation isn't much different from yours.
Yes! We are the SE corner where they had the exterior hoist, we've been curious if anyone else in the SE had heard anything or had their PDI because it's been pretty quiet on our end. I know they had the intention of trying to move the full building in by Spring 2021, not sure whether that will happen or not.

Hi:

We are planning to schedule our move by the end of January as we have occupancy on 13 Jan. In answer to the previous question, our occupancy is firm to date as advised by our solicitor who has received necessary documents from the developer's solicitor.

Does anyone know the telephone number of the concierge at Playground in order to book an elevator for moving for a specific time and date. I can't seem to find that information. We are meeting with our lawyer on Thursday to sign documentation and provide him with the post dated cheques for the monthly occupancy fee pending final closing and registration. I will ask our lawyer to obtain that information and provide it to the forum if no one else has it or can provide it. Thanks. J
Hi, my lawyer said i can pick up keys on occupancy day from the builders office. Do you know where is it?

Hi. Thanks fadidawoood for the information above. If you live close to 50 Ordnance st. you can also make the elevator booking directly with the concierge, $500 certified cheque or bank draft is required as a damage deposit (returned I assume if your movers cause no damage). My lawyer thought the keys would be released from the concierge on the day of closing but he said he would receive an email indicating where they would be released on the day. We met with our lawyer last week to sign preliminary title directions, statutory declarations re debtor executions and to provide the post dated occupancy fee cheques. They are probably already at the developers' solicitors' office as he was couriering them the next day.

Yeah i noticed theres a pause on "non-essential" constructions but cant find whats considered non essential
Answering my own question, also in case anyone else was wandering!
IMG-20210113-WA0004.jpg

Back