Garrison Point (Diamondcorp/Cityzen/Fernbrook) - Real Estate -

another unit on Kijiji

Interesting that they are still stating that the occupancy date is February 4th. All the units that had early February occupancy dates, including myself, got delayed 20 days to the end of February. I just got the letter last week. An issue with a city water main apparently, so it’s an “Unavoidable Delay”.

Interesting that they are still stating that the occupancy date is February 4th. All the units that had early February occupancy dates, including myself, got delayed 20 days to the end of February. I just got the letter last week. An issue with a city water main apparently, so it’s an “Unavoidable Delay”.

Ouch, sorry to hear this.

Anyone else hearing of further occupancy delays? I'm waiting on the official letter to see how much longer it is, but my lawyer just let me know my February 25th date is a no go according to developer.

Anyone else hearing of further occupancy delays? I'm waiting on the official letter to see how much longer it is, but my lawyer just let me know my February 25th date is a no go according to developer.

Havent heard anything on our end. It seems we're still on for March 13th (top floor of phase 1).

Expecting a call for PDI very soon.

Havent heard anything on our end. It seems we're still on for March 13th (top floor of phase 1).

Expecting a call for PDI very soon.

Fingers crossed it doesn't change for you.

Those in the lower floors, including myself, have had our Firm Occupancy Dates moved from early February to the end of February and now we are delayed until further notice with occupancy date TBD.

I already had my PDI in late January so I know the units are move-in ready but unfortunately, there is an issue with a city water main that is out of the developer's control. The city's workers are still working on a solution, but with the CUPE Local 416 potential strike looming, I am concerned about how much longer we are going to have to wait.

Worse part is this delay would not be eligible for compensation under Tarion.

Fingers crossed it doesn't change for you.

Those in the lower floors, including myself, have had our Firm Occupancy Dates moved from early February to the end of February and now we are delayed until further notice with occupancy date TBD.

I already had my PDI in late January so I know the units are move-in ready but unfortunately, there is an issue with a city water main that is out of the developer's control. The city's workers are still working on a solution, but with the CUPE Local 416 potential strike looming, I am concerned about how much longer we are going to have to wait.

Worse part is this delay would not be eligible for compensation under Tarion.
i certainly hope this isnt the case because we've already handed in our forms to vacate our current rental by the end of March. Our realtor reached out to the developer about 2 weeks ago they said everything is still on for us.

But if there is an issue with the water supply it should affect the entire building, no?

Otherwise, how was your PDI?

i certainly hope this isnt the case because we've already handed in our forms to vacate our current rental by the end of March. Our realtor reached out to the developer about 2 weeks ago they said everything is still on for us.

But if there is an issue with the water supply it should affect the entire building, no?

Yes, it would affect the whole building. The city has been working on the fix for the last 4 weeks and had estimated 4-5, so it’s just taking a bit longer it seems. I believe once that’s done they just need to pass inspection and get the ok to start letting people move in.

Being you have a March date you should be fine, us lower floors will hopefully get occupancy not later than mid March fingers crossed. I hope elevator bookings are not a nightmare, haha!

We’ve been couch surfing since end of January with a toddler and have our stuff in storage, so we’re really eager to finally move in.

PDI went good, only minor things need to be fixed in our unit: paint touch ups on baseboard and walls, a spot missing caulking and grout. When we had our PDI the building lobby wasn’t finished yet, but it looks like it’s ready now.

A few new listings have popped up:

Same here, upper floor ;-)

According to Tarion, the water main issue can be an unavoidable delay if it's affected by a strike. But it is quite a shock we are not aware of this until last minute. I paid my storage till mid March...

I saw the lights on day and night after hour in higher levels, even on weekends or holidays...

So there is definitely an effort in getting the units ready for occupancy...

Russ did you receive a notice of delay though? I saw nothing

According to Tarion, the water main issue can be an unavoidable delay if it's affected by a strike. But it is quite a shock we are not aware of this until last minute. I paid my storage till mid March...

I saw the lights on day and night after hour in higher levels, even on weekends or holidays...

nothing new since my last post. Still expecting a call for our PDI soon.

is this the relevant issue to the problem?
water main inoperative until Apr. 30

Lights on doesn’t necessarily mean they are working. It can just mean no one turned them off.

Is anyone moving in this week? We finally did our PDI last week, and our Final Occupancy date, as recorded on the slip from the builder after PDI is the second week of March. This hasn’t changed since our last notice from November.

I’m hearing people on this forum say their occupancy’s are delayed. Is this still the case.

We are also on a higher floor, and it looks to be like we would be one of the first to move in if this date is to be correct.

Wary about giving current landlord 2 months notice this week without more confidence. I don’t want my stuff in storage or to be using Air BnBs if this date is not met.

Thoughts?

Back