Garrison Point (Diamondcorp/Cityzen/Fernbrook) - Real Estate -

beautiful unit!! that view!!

We have the same kitchen layout it seems, so its nice to have an idea what it looks like

beautiful unit!! that view!!

We have the same kitchen layout it seems, so its nice to have an idea what it looks like
Thank you! I'm trying to predict a realistic occupancy date for the higher floors. PDI guys say it could July. I think July or August is realistic. Most importantly is the occupancy phase. With GP behind 3 years or more, how long do you guys think it will take for builder to register building with City so we can have the mortgage in effect right away. I have friends who have bought condos in downtown area Queen West area and King West and they said occupancy phase was very short, 3 months or less they were in and the building was registered. I don't think they were very happy as they had to pay more now with there mortgage in effect lol. I really hope it gets registered within 3 months or earlier though.

I keep reading that due to occupancy delays that owners are entitled to $7,500. Can someone explain how they got that information and how it was determined or confirmed?

I keep reading that due to occupancy delays that owners are entitled to $7,500. Can someone explain how they got that information and how it was determined or confirmed?
Yes If anyone is knowledgeable on the occupancy delays and if it will actually just be applied as a credit in the closing cost automatically or if have to fail it with Tarion. Any input would be great.

Hey guys, here's a couple pictures from my PDI yesterday, was finally able to attach some. I have the East corner facing view. Like I said the views are absolutely stunning, lucked out with 2 balconies, one east facing the gets the whole city view and the lake, and then the 2nd North balcony, that will definitely get both sunset and sunrise. I wish I could post a video and all the pano shots won't attach. We definitely have a gem in this condo! The foyer and concierge look just like the render. Good luck to all home owners.

View attachment 246729View attachment 246730View attachment 246731View attachment 246732View attachment 246733View attachment 246734View attachment 246736View attachment 246737View attachment 246738View attachment 246740View attachment 246737View attachment 246757View attachment 246758View attachment 246759View attachment 246761
Stunning!! We chose *very* similar upgrades in our second washroom as well (upgraded modern tub, glass enclosure, very similar white/grey tiling on shower walls + floors) so I'm thrilled to see how beautiful it turned out in your space! Your kitchen upgrades are gorgeous as well.

I recognize that particular floorplan. Nice to see the actual photos of the suite; real nice choices on upgrades as well.
I can't wait until my PDI on phase 2 - SE corner unit as well.
Have you heard anything additional in terms of occupancy dates for Playground? I think the last time we discussed, both our dates were mid-September ish. I'm waiting patiently for a letter from the lawyer/builder since the 3 month mark is coming up, but wondering how/if COVID delays will effect this.

Have you heard anything additional in terms of occupancy dates for Playground? I think the last time we discussed, both our dates were mid-September ish. I'm waiting patiently for a letter from the lawyer/builder since the 3 month mark is coming up, but wondering how/if COVID delays will effect this.
I have not heard anything yet and our tentative move in date is August 10th (5th floor, phase 2) so we are well under the 3 month mark at this point. We’ve asked our lawyers to contact the developer to try and get an update for us.

I have not heard anything yet and our tentative move in date is August 10th (5th floor, phase 2) so we are well under the 3 month mark at this point. We’ve asked our lawyers to contact the developer to try and get an update for us.
Thanks! Would you mind keeping us posted if/when your lawyer hears back from the developer? I'm interested to hear what their response is.

Following up here - I emailed Fernbrook yesterday and they responded with:
Your building is currently still in an “Unavoidable delay” period. As soon as the Unavoidable Delay has ended, you will be notified and provided with a revised occupancy date.
Doesn't really provide much insight but looks like we'll be delayed.

I'm on the same boat as yours, with my occupancy in mid-September. No communications made since then.

For those who have occupancy already, my firm occupancy date is coming up this week, but I have no news from builder or lawyer about it.

I thought I would have had news by now. I don’t know what the procedure is for the occupancy. For those who have had your occupancy already, could you provide some details on what the procedure was?

For those who have occupancy already, my firm occupancy date is coming up this week, but I have no news from builder or lawyer about it.

I thought I would have had news by now. I don’t know what the procedure is for the occupancy. For those who have had your occupancy already, could you provide some details on what the procedure was?
Checked your email? Also - its junk folder?

Hi! did you already have your PDI? Yes forgot about those shops on King St. Yes we have a gem guys. Most people in Liberty Village are hating hard on us since they don't have a view. I have many friends that live in Liberty and they are all envious of the Garrison Point Condo. Million dollar views for us owners. I will be keeping this condo for my retirement. I can see it be over a couple million by that time.

Great to hear the corridor will be ready. I can see us moving in late June or July for the high floors. I will bring my measuring tape tomorrow. How much time did Chris give you? How is the quality of materials? Paid alot in upgrades, hoping the quality will be supreme. Will update everyone tomorrow with pictures.

How was your PDI? Mine was good, we paid for engineered flooring it was super nice. Cabinets and windows are good, appliance sucks but I guess we are all replacing the top load laundry...Caulking and grouting is the main issue for me, I will hire a handy man to redo the whole unit once I move in (save money for future repair).

Oh the walk in closet was so cheap, I strongly suggest a reinforced brackets all over. I had those in my rental apartment, one night we woke up to realize the whole shelf collapsed...

In general the quality was decent, lots of DIY projects once we move in but a very good start.

Glad we have Canadian Tire and all the furniture shops open up for us ;-)

Why are your friends at Liberty Village hating us, the two buildings at Strachan are blocking their view anyway. Those two was selling back in 2012...
Did anyone purchase a parking space with their unit that they will be renting out?
I Do

Thanks for your opinion. We’ll see. You don’t know the motive of the seller. Let’s see if you’re right in 3 years about the housing market. Or wrong.
I am optimistic about the price given all lands on waterfront are gone now...Supply vs demand wise we are very safe...Waterfront on East side would be more shakey now that Google is gone...

We are in a very well established neighbourhood, with all exclusive views and protected city landscape...

Hey guys, here's a couple pictures from my PDI yesterday, was finally able to attach some. I have the East corner facing view. Like I said the views are absolutely stunning, lucked out with 2 balconies, one east facing the gets the whole city view and the lake, and then the 2nd North balcony, that will definitely get both sunset and sunrise. I wish I could post a video and all the pano shots won't attach. We definitely have a gem in this condo! The foyer and concierge look just like the render. Good luck to all home owners.

View attachment 246729View attachment 246730View attachment 246731View attachment 246732View attachment 246733View attachment 246734View attachment 246736View attachment 246737View attachment 246738View attachment 246740View attachment 246737View attachment 246757View attachment 246758View attachment 246759View attachment 246761
Your view is more than stunning! Congratulations!

Back