Garrison Point (Diamondcorp/Cityzen/Fernbrook) - Real Estate -

I wonder how amenities will work? Will it be shared? The condo left to us has the pool. I think we will just have a park and nice observation deck with a gym. Still confused to about the actual builder is it Fernbrook? or Citizen Group or Diamondcorp, or all 3?

I wonder how amenities will work? Will it be shared? The condo left to us has the pool. I think we will just have a park and nice observation deck with a gym. Still confused to about the actual builder is it Fernbrook? or Citizen Group or Diamondcorp, or all 3?
There is no gym in GP phase 1 except for a temporary Gym Studio as I understand while phase 2 amenities are not ready.

I do not believe there is an observation deck in phase 1. I've never seen any documentation indicating that.

Amenities in phase 1 and phase 2 are shared.

There is no gym in GP phase 1 except for a temporary Gym Studio as I understand while phase 2 amenities are not ready.

I do not believe there is an observation deck in phase 1. I've never seen any documentation indicating that.

Amenities in phase 1 and phase 2 are shared.
Nice, I guess we will have to wait awhile for amenities, I wonder if they have linked the building via underground so we won't have to leave the condo. Did you get your building link email and PDI?

Nice, I guess we will have to wait awhile for amenities, I wonder if they have linked the building via underground so we won't have to leave the condo. Did you get your building link email and PDI?
PDI done in Feb. No building link or emails at all.
Underground should be linked. Shared parking garage. So there should be 2 sets of elevator shafts on each garage floor, so I assume you’d be able to go down to P1, walk over to Playground and Pop up in Playground on whatever amenity floor you want.

Do elevators in phase 1 let people without fobs to go to whichever the floors they want?
Usually, they are pretty open at first. Condo board might end up requiring fob by floor or fob by the whole building which would mean you could fob your way to any floor as long as you have a valid fob.

It depends on the elevator's system; we wanted to do the fob by floor thing but it would have cost a lot of money to implement it.

I asked because Im sick and tired of strangers tailgating me all the way into elevators. Pretty much defeats 90% of condo’s security.

I asked because Im sick and tired of strangers tailgating me all the way into elevators. Pretty much defeats 90% of condo’s security.
All modern fob electronics all elevators can support this. Join the condo board and create change if that’s what you want to see.

Are there a ton of thefts or something in your building? Seems unusual given the front door security plus all common elements should require FOB entry plus your own suite as a lock.

All modern fob electronics all elevators can support this. Join the condo board and create change if that’s what you want to see.

Are there a ton of thefts or something in your building? Seems unusual given the front door security plus all common elements should require FOB entry plus your own suite as a lock.

Not that there is a high rate of theft, but buildings I used to live prior to the current one had this system implemented which in my view did a great job.
I'm rather surprised many condos in GTA don't employ such systems for elevators (I used to live in Vancouver years ago).
The current condo has a pack of delivery people + visitors just sneaking in and security does not seem to care much. I'm glad I would be out soon.

Good security staff and good management are key. We had a terrific team who were on top of things, but it's a tough job not made easier by residents helpfully holding doors open for strangers and security companies that pay low wages and don't offer much in the way of support to their employees.

Good security staff and good management are key. We had a terrific team who were on top of things, but it's a tough job not made easier by residents helpfully holding doors open for strangers and security companies that pay low wages and don't offer much in the way of support to their employees.
Low wages really? What are their wages?

It depends on the company, but many pay minimum wage or just slightly above. There's lots of turnover in the industry as well. We refused to hire a company that didn't pay properly; it cost us more, but the results were worth it.

Not that there is a high rate of theft, but buildings I used to live prior to the current one had this system implemented which in my view did a great job.
I'm rather surprised many condos in GTA don't employ such systems for elevators (I used to live in Vancouver years ago).
The current condo has a pack of delivery people + visitors just sneaking in and security does not seem to care much. I'm glad I would be out soon.
Right. You have to have a balance of convenience and security. In one condo building I’m at, security tried to implement extremely strict controls but the residents pushed back which made sense considering in 10 years there hasn’t been a single theft in the building.

I could take it or leave it. I see value in fobbing each floor - if anyone is in situations where they are harassed or bothered by people, it will make it so they can’t just go up to the floor and knock on your door. Hopefully keep away other undesireables too like election campaign people.

I don’t think most residents care that someone tail hates them into the building and are not going to stop them and close the door on them waiting for them to then find themselves in one by one. Rather, we hold the door for each other.

Last edited:
It depends on the company, but many pay minimum wage or just slightly above. There's lots of turnover in the industry as well. We refused to hire a company that didn't pay properly; it cost us more, but the results were worth it.
Interesting. In my current building downtown, the security staff and concierge are extremely professional. Have no idea what their wages are though.

Last edited:

Back