Garrison Point (Diamondcorp/Cityzen/Fernbrook) - Real Estate -

Pandemic is an allowable “unavoidable delay” as per Tarion, but of course it is not in the builders interest at all to delay as it just increases their carrying costs..... the builder is definitely motivated to get these units occupied.

Of course, but given the escalating situation and the fact that an occupancy permit has not yet been issued, it's anyone's guess when we'll be able to move in.

got this update today

We received an email from the engineer regarding water pressure this morning based on tests that were conducted last week and we are now in a position to end the unavoidable delay period

So thats that, however they went ahead to say due to COVID19 there will be further delays, but the builder is in the process of sending out final occupancy notices.

Not feeling confident occupancy would happen anytime soon. I suspect final closing may be delayed until we “return to normal”, but I’m not sure what the builder is thinking about it. They may have concerns about closing and transferring title in the middle of this global pandemic, or they may not and just say, well, buyers, your responsible to make it work out with your lender regardless of your current set of circumstances....... What do you think?

Not feeling confident occupancy would happen anytime soon. I suspect final closing may be delayed until we “return to normal”, but I’m not sure what the builder is thinking about it. They may have concerns about closing and transferring title in the middle of this global pandemic, or they may not and just say, well, buyers, your responsible to make it work out with your lender regardless of your current set of circumstances....... What do you think?

I agree with you here about additional delays. We're all being told to stay home, services and businesses are running on bare minimum. The logistics of moving hundreds of people in to a building while this is going on just seems absolutely daunting at the moment.

Just received this in the email:

Capture.JPG

Has anyone received updated communication regarding Phase 1? Original occupancy was mid/late Feb?

Has anyone received updated communication regarding Phase 1? Original occupancy was mid/late Feb?

water problem has been resolved. but COVID19 likely to cause additional delays. Apparently the builders are now reviewing and going to be sending out final occupancy dates in the coming weeks

water problem has been resolved. but COVID19 likely to cause additional delays. Apparently the builders are now reviewing and going to be sending out final occupancy dates in the coming weeks
How long would after occupancy would you expect final closing? 6 months? Or sooner given that once occupancy actually happens, everyone will be ready almost right away?

How long would after occupancy would you expect final closing? 6 months? Or sooner given that once occupancy actually happens, everyone will be ready almost right away?
It could be right away, maybe a couple months to the max but with all the delays we have had? How much, I am on the 26 floor and its been 6-8 delays since 2016. They should have most registered with City of Toronto to finally be able to register. All the best guys, we're finally almost there.

I've passed by many times, and security is there at front. Looks clean and classy and modern. Once they get some furnishing it will look great.

For all Garrison Point owners, do you know that we are owed 7500 via Tarion warranty due to all the delays! This is coming from Tarion and a Realtor that I have spoken too. I will try to update the group on it, we may possibly get it automatically credited in closing cost. I will do more research on it. I will attach what Tarion sent me for delay compensation.

It could be right away, maybe a couple months to the max but with all the delays we have had? How much, I am on the 26 floor and its been 6-8 delays since 2016. They should have most registered with City of Toronto to finally be able to register. All the best guys, we're finally almost there.

I've passed by many times, and security is there at front. Looks clean and classy and modern. Once they get some furnishing it will look great.
Is there a minimum amount of time that a residency has to have occupancy for before closing?
At what point do you plan to get a firm mortgage approval from your lender? Most pre-construction buyers I know have seemed to do this only after occupancy and once they have a relatively good idea on when they expect it to close. How much notice on closing does the builder need to give?

Back