News   Jul 26, 2024
 311     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 827     1 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 720     1 

Game over for Funland Arcade

Shit, I still go into Funland every now and then to play some Galaga. I love that it's still so seedy and nasty on the inside, like everything is still covered in a layer of grime from the pre-smoking-ban days. It's barely changed in all the years I've been living in Toronto.

Definitely going to have to go down there a few times in the next couple weeks, to try to get some pictures and savour it while it lasts.

The generalizations are all in fun of course. But you know where there's smoke, there's fire.

Like you all, I have my own ideals of what I think would make a great city. I see a lot of potential in Yonge/Dundas to be a place where families can go to. I love the new Toronto Life Centre, I hope the investment pays off. I was at Dundas Square today, it was a Bangladesh festival. To see families congregate like that in the city excites me. The city doesn't have to be just for singles, yuppies and people with problems.

The new Adidas store is awesome, as is the Extreme Fitness, the AMC and Jack Astors! Let's continue doing great things like this for Toronto! :)

I am also pretty jazzed that Ryerson University has plans for Sam the Record Man. It's only going to get better everyone.

Adidas, Extreme Fitness, AMC, Jack Astors, Best Buy, I can stay in the suburbs and go to those! What Dundas Square needs is a Wal Mart!!! :p

I was taking note a few days ago that Union Station still has its arcade in the lower level...

The generalizations are all in fun of course. But you know where there's smoke, there's fire.

Like you all, I have my own ideals of what I think would make a great city. I see a lot of potential in Yonge/Dundas to be a place where families can go to. I love the new Toronto Life Centre, I hope the investment pays off. I was at Dundas Square today, it was a Bangladesh festival. To see families congregate like that in the city excites me. The city doesn't have to be just for singles, yuppies and people with problems.

The new Adidas store is awesome, as is the Extreme Fitness, the AMC and Jack Astors! Let's continue doing great things like this for Toronto! :)

I am also pretty jazzed that Ryerson University has plans for Sam the Record Man. It's only going to get better everyone.

I wasn't aware the arcade was a hotspot for crime.

I don't think anyone really believes that. Hip-hop clothing is fine for kids, but twenty-somethings may quickly realize that it doesn't jive well in the world when work, bills and kids start to come up.

Many adults wear such clothing. It's mainstream. It doesn't have to mean you're wearing pants at your ankles either.

I was taking note a few days ago that Union Station still has its arcade in the lower level...

Well that one has to go too then! i hear its nothing but a den of iniquity for commuter riff raff--with their riff raffy GO passes.

I guess for me to admit I drink Coffee Time coffee is kind of the equivalent to admitting a love for New York Towers around these parts...

I guess for me to admit I drink Coffee Time coffee is kind of the equivalent to admitting a love for New York Towers around these parts...

Those things on Sheppard Avenue near Bayview? But they're so unbelievably pretentious...

Back