News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 427     0 

G Road Test Tips

I think they give you up to a few months after your G2 expires to take the full G test.

If you don't take it by that time, you completely lose your license and have to start all over again.

They changed the rules recently... You have to book the road test before the expiration of your license. They will extend your license up to 45 days beyond the expiration... so your test should be before that date.

You also can not book or re-schedule your test date after the expiration date. Extension of license (meaning temporary license) should be done in person and you can do this whenever, even beyond the expiration as long as you have a test booked... you however can not drive pass the expiration without this temp license.

hope this helps.

i will be having G2 exit test in a week or so at orangeville location, i did check out the area and it looked pretty easy unless the examiner is too picky.I am actually a bit nervous too because i have not been driving much around specially highways, highways like 401 or 427, 407 and 410 are chill though.
I wanna know more from people who have failed the test at this location.

I just recently did my G2 road test and failed due to driving 10km/h on the highway.

I did however manage to keep the paper that the examiner uses to grant you a pass or fail. I thought it would help people get a better idea of exactly what the examiner is looking for.

roadtest.jpg

^Thanks for the scan. You seem to have done more wrong than just driving slowly on the highway though.

They changed the rules recently... You have to book the road test before the expiration of your license. They will extend your license up to 45 days beyond the expiration... so your test should be before that date.

You also can not book or re-schedule your test date after the expiration date. Extension of license (meaning temporary license) should be done in person and you can do this whenever, even beyond the expiration as long as you have a test booked... you however can not drive pass the expiration without this temp license.

hope this helps.

Actually I think that's the way it's always been. You have to book before your license expires, but it can be for a later date.

However, if you don't do that and your license expires, then you have to start all over again (as far as I've been told, anyways).

Need G- Road Test Route for Etobicoke

Can anyone please let me know route for the driving license road test for G-license. Here is a quick map of Etobicoke location.

5555 Eglinton Ave W, Etobicoke, ON
Link: <http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=5555+EGLINTON+AVENUE,+WEST+ETOBICOKE,+ONTARIO+M9C+5M1&sll=43.647131,-79.613285&sspn=0.027203,0.053215&ie=UTF8&ll=43.651448,-79.604423&spn=0.0068,0.013304&z=16&iwloc=addr>

Thanks in advance,

Leafer...

Down Eglinton to Martin Grove, down it and Rathburn to the 427, 427 to the next exit, then back onto it and north to Eglinton, from Eglinton right on some campus style office buildings, a loop there and back to the centre.

Etobicoke - Road Test

Thanks Flip for sending the direction of road test from the Etobicoke center. I have tried the route below and will try the Flip's route

1 exit the facility, make a right going east on eglington. (70km/h i believe)
2 continue along, make a right on renforth (40km/h zone)
3 left on eringate (residential). highway 27 is straight ahead.
4 make a right onto last side street.
5 parallel park (if there is a car). emergency stop if no car.
6 make three point turn, make a right onto eringate again.
7 enter highway, proceed until burnhapmthorpe, then exit (one or two exits).
(you're now in the far left lane)
8 get one highway again (on far right side of street, change lanes)
9 exit at eglington
10. possibly take a side street with different speed limit.
11. return back to drive centre
12 either reverse park or pull straight in. (if you reverse park when you get there, they might now make you do it again

G Test in Brampton

Hey Guys,

If any of you have taken your G2-Exit at the Brampton Site at Kennedy and Steeles please let me know what you had to do. I am super nervous, it's coming up in a couple weeks. What route did you have to take? Reverse Parking??

On that note, where do we stop the car before backing in on the right side? I hate it!! PLease Help!!

Truly desperate!!

Drivetest Guidelines

This thread date started Feb. 27, 2008 and seems to be closed already but the topic is a wortwhile basis of my message.

I think a lot of people are kept in the dark about the standards expected of a driver examinee to pass the Drivetest . Piecemeal broad guidelines are available everywhere but lacking in specifics which are a must to avoid conflict and misunderstanding. This ambiguity puts the driver examinee under the mercy and arbitrary disposition of Drivetest examiner. Also, I can't find a feedback system where a drivetest examinee can complain or give suggestions as a valuable tool to continuously improve services and deter potential abuse and arrogance of examiners.

I underwent a G2 exit and got issues which I didn't bother to argue with my examiner on the feeling that I will be against the odds.

When turning left and the traffic light was green, I went near the center of intersection close to the left edge of the lane to get a good look of oncoming vehicle so I can proceed safely and promptly when possible. I made sure I was inside my lane. In a mad voice, the examiner said that I was going close to the way of oncoming vehicle and must keep at the right. Before, I used to do what he said but the vehicles in front of me (that will turn to their left too) were blocking my view of oncoming vehicle, hence, the need for the yellow light before I can go and consequently the cars behind me were honking at me. Also, the examiner told me to keep on speed limit and stay on the rightmost lane cause the center and leftmost lanes are fast lanes. If cars running at the speed limit have to stay on the rightmost lane, it seems that the fast lanes (leftmost and center) are exclusive to those running beyond the speed limit. Issues like this can be at least minimized if there is an official specific guidelines issued by MTO and said guidelines will be modified in the light of feedbacks that were resolved

Well, I don’t know if this idea makes sense. In a democracy, plurality is the better judge. I don’t know how to put it forward, but if it makes sense, maybe it will find its own course after I shared it.

GOOD LUCK AND SAFE DRIVING TO ALL APPLICANTS!

I just recently did my G2 road test and failed due to driving 10km/h on the highway.

I did however manage to keep the paper that the examiner uses to grant you a pass or fail. I thought it would help people get a better idea of exactly what the examiner is looking for.

roadtest.jpg

Thank you very much for the scan. That's what I was looking for when I originally started this thread.

I've since been very content driving on renting cars regularly with my european license and a G2 Ontario license in my back pocket in case I get pulled over. :rolleyes:

I'll look over your test in preparation for my own.

Thanks again! :D

Hey guys, sorry to make my first post here in such an old thread but google directed me to it.

I have my G driving test in a week, would anyone be able to tell me exactly what is on it? Are three-point turns and parallel parks required?

Yes and yes, but the parallel parking is only behind one car, rather than between two cars. Always remember for the G test: exaggerated head movements. Actively turn your head at every intersection to check blind spot.

Wow, thanks for the prompt reply.

Anything else I should be aware of? I've read this entire thread and several others on other forums and I still feel thoroughly unprepared.

For highway driving, is it more important to go the speed limit or with the flow of traffic? Do you absolutely have to stay in the right-most lane or can you drive in the center lane to keep the right clear for those merging and exiting? Do you need to put your parking break on for roadside and parallel parks even if you don't normally do so? Will you be required to back into a spot?

Oh, and one rather bizarre question: is it required that you wear shoes while driving? Is there any law against it?

*deep breaths*

Back