Fortune at Fort York (Onni) - Real Estate -

I have a similar problem. One control panel controls the heat in one area and the other one only seems to blow cool air and I can't turn the fan off.
Have you contacted anyone to have this sorted out? It would be great if there is a solution to this since it's really difficult to bear with a cold room to sleep at night.

HVAC units are generally the homeowner's responsibility because they belong to you. That said, they also usually come with a warranty so best to get on it quickly while that is still in place. Management should have information on who the manufacturer is and who is an authorized / recommended repair company.

Well I just dripped WATER on the kitchen counter and wiped it immediately with a paper towel and that left wipe marks. Are these counters granite? Are they sealed? Has this happened to anyone else?

That seems to be extremely delicate counter top. What colour is your counter? I’ve got the grey and no issues.

What is everyone doing with window curtain/panel/sheer? Can anyone recommend a company that does great job? thanks so much in advance!

I went to IKEA and got a track system. It’s $15 for 1 track. I bought 4 for my 1+1br.

It’s really simple to set up and looks really nice. You can do it yourself or if you have family or friends to help you out. I can offer some advice but there’s a tutorial video available. Feel free to shoot me a PM.

Curtains are from Bouclair. $45 each panel.
I probably spent less than $300 to get all my drapery done.

3C54E0CD-7561-49C0-AE63-349C092EAA9B.jpeg

0041419C-F12D-4D46-A671-AE4C57CA5B8D.jpeg

26D57F51-92DE-4FA4-842B-8EF2B778D244.jpeg

That seems to be extremely delicate counter top. What colour is your counter? I’ve got the grey and no issues.
My counter top is grey as well. I’m not quite moved in yet, so maybe the streaks will have disappeared when I go back.

Hi all,

First-time home buyer - have a question about the Toronto Hydro forms.
We only need to fill out the "Owner Registration Form" form right (if we're going to occupy the unit), right?
Even if we're in interim occupancy, the "Tenant Registration" form is only if you plan to rent to someone else?

@builder12 that’s correct. You got it. I imagine they’ll ask for us to fill in a PAD form once the property has been registered. And.... Congratulations!

So those marks are just from water? I’m going to include this issue in my 30 day warranty report. A relative is living in my condo so I don’t have a photo yet. I was just told she splashed some water on the counter and drying it up immediately didn’t prevent the staining. Could it be that they never sealed the granite? Is the counter granite? In any case, no kitchen counter material should react to water in this fashion.

@legogirl looks like my counter top is exhibiting the same thing....

View attachment 306237
Re the stains on the granite from water, according to the following the granite hasn’t been sealed:

”While water stains are not particularly common with granite countertops, if you do encounter them, they can be removed easily. Through a simple homemade solution, your countertop can be back to looking as good as new. To protect the surface from future water stains or other stains, make sure to seal the countertop.Oct. 23, 2019”

I am having the same issue with the bathroom facuet splashing water, they water is being twisted and not flow like kitchen faucet, so i reduce the water pressure at the bottom of the sink it helps a little bit
This worked! Thanks so much for the tip!

Okay I'm really sorry everyone, for likely spreading false information.... On further examination, I believe it was the acidic vomit that I was cleaning up with the Mr. Clean which caused the damage....... that said, marble is apparently very fragile and hard to care for :/

View attachment 303726
Fwiw, my dog pooped on it at night and it stained the marble by the morning. I used oxiclean on it for 20-30 minutes and the stain was gone.

9C40ABAD-FAD3-4231-AAFC-258273EADBE6.png

Last edited:
HVAC units are generally the homeowner's responsibility because they belong to you. That said, they also usually come with a warranty so best to get on it quickly while that is still in place. Management should have information on who the manufacturer is and who is an authorized / recommended repair company.
The resident can hire any contractor of their choice for all HVAC repair, maintenance and replacement work In your condo.

Back