News   Aug 15, 2024
 218     0 
News   Aug 15, 2024
 388     0 
News   Aug 15, 2024
 585     0 

Former President Donald Trump's United States of America

Funny thing is, some Americans still think that they're the greatest in the world, when in fact most of the world is laughing at the incompetence.

Yep. If anything the EU is now the greatest.

The US had a mental break years ago when Bush tried to blow the crap out of the middle east.

Yep. If anything the EU is now the greatest.

The US had a mental break years ago when Bush tried to blow the crap out of the middle east.

I don't know about that either, considering the internal discontent and tensions in EU and how some of the member states (and ex-member states) are behaving (e.g. Orban's Hungary, Law and Justice's Poland, Five Star's - or whoever it is today's Italy).

AoD

Last edited:
I don't know about that either, considering the internal discontent and tensions in EU and how some of the member states (and ex-member states) are behaving (e.g. Orban's Hungary, Law and Justice's Poland, Five Star's - or whoever it is today's Italy).

AoD

Good point but it is still better than the US.

While I wouldn't consider the EU to be the greatest... a lot of member states aren't exactly doing great.

However, there is an argument to be made that Angela Merkel is the true leader of the free world right now.

And, Trump has decided to go to the well on immigrants again.

This time though, H1B VISA holders and other work permits.

May also effect many grad students/academia.

I strongly suspect this one will die in the U.S. Court system as well.

But if Canada (the Federal gov't) and our regulatory professional bodies are on the ball (one can hope) this could offer a real opportunity for us.

But if Canada (the Federal gov't) and our regulatory professional bodies are on the ball (one can hope) this could offer a real opportunity for us.

Yup, especially in tech.

AoD

With the current work from home situation, they could have employees working from their home overseas right now. Only problem would be the time zones.

20200625_145657.jpg

Well, Shopify is wasting no time seeing who they can poach!

Here's hoping Shopify isn't poaching immigrants with very racist views against other immigrant groups (yes, these types of anti-immigrant immigrants exist).

Last edited:

Back