News   May 10, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Feather Factory Lofts (Roncesvalles/Dundas, Plazacorp)

I'm not sure that they did anything to give developers "a bad name". It's a sign of the times. We may be seeing several more delays or outright cancellations.

The project had a bit of a challenging location, for one thing. I'll also be watching sales progress at "Giraffe", for that reason (much as I would like to see some good developments in this area).

All the original deals have been cancelled here. Plazacorp will relaunch in the spring with appropriate residential zoning.

They misrepresented the project as being complete and ready to move into by the fall, when they hadn't yet applied for rezoning, a process that can take months and does not guarantee success. Nothing about that would give me confidence to trust them enough to give them money.

let's hope there's plenty of publicity on the developer + RE agent's past poor sales conduct on this project when it relaunches in 2009 ... they should be put on the spot

I walked by the building today, looked open for business, with a note on the door for "trades people." I walked in, but wasn't in the mood for a sales pitch.

The foyer looks good:

DSC00047-2.jpg

^ so i guess that means they wont be relauching in the spring. I doubt that they will be able to sell all those small units to "trades people" though.

I'm interested if anyone knows the square feet of the 199,000 lofts or if any one who has seen them knows what their like, and any information on when the building will be reopening

From what I recall, their smallest units were 450 sq ft, and it's tiny! Here's a pic of one of their smallest units, but this one's a corner and on the fourth floor, so it's more than $199,000 (I think it was $234,900, maybe more).

3110920284_c7fa81cfaa.jpg

From what I recall, their smallest units were 450 sq ft, and it's tiny! Here's a pic of one of their smallest units, but this one's a corner and on the fourth floor, so it's more than $199,000 (I think it was $234,900, maybe more).

3110920284_c7fa81cfaa.jpg

that's a nice kitchen, i wonder how many people looked at it and forgot to ask about zoning.

thanks for the info admc, are there any other pics.

Here's some more pics of the same unit. It's on the north-east side of the building. But the pictures don't give you a sense of how tiny this unit was. I felt a bit claustrophobic. If I were you, I would look elsewhere (not just b/c of the sketchy builder & agents). The units here are way overpriced (at least when I went in Sept). I think this unit was going for $522/sq ft!

3111049139_4d4505097c.jpg

3111883434_a6a864f566.jpg

3111883750_15d01929bf.jpg

Back