Erase my name from member list; i don't want to be a newbie anymore

istrian

Member Bio
Reaction score
It took me almost 4 years to make approx. 250
posts. I do not have time nor patience
anymore to try to achieve what I have already
achieved long time ago, thus I beg you to erase
my name from member list, cause I simply can't stand that NEWBIE under my name. You can not be newbie all your life, not me...not any more...

Erase my name pleasse ASAP and I promise you I
am not gonna bother you never more !!!

I share his sentiments.

What's the big deal in restoring some post counts?

I mean if the old posts weren't migrated I'd understand that we should start at 0. However they were migrated, and all we get is a paltry number of posts under our names.

Anywhoo ...

The point is they can't be restored. The membership list at ezboard was not brought over. That's why everyone had to reregister. And that's why we all started at 0. Aren't there more important issues to discuss?

But you can modify the post counts as an admin.

Is anything we discuss on this board important, one subject just as important as the other one.

istrian:

Please, calm down. Your loss really is not as significant as you feel it is. Seriously, this is not snark or a joke: with your best interests sincerely in mind, I strongly recommend that you talk to someone about this situation and your reaction to it. It isn't so bad, man - no worries. Stick around, it's all cool. Let a friend or a family member or some people on another board know how you feel - it'll help a lot.

Cheers! :)

PS - I respectfully suggest no more meds jokes and the like.

I concur - my post count went from 4800 to 33, but should it not matter more about the quality of the posts rather than quantity? I've always measured posters more based upon what they contribute, which does not necessarily reflect on the post count.

Ganjavih: yes, I also feel like there's a new vibe. Just like after moving to a new home, but I do like the new format and the extra tools. I figure it will become more and more comfortable.

The point is they can't be restored. The membership list at ezboard was not brought over. That's why everyone had to reregister. And that's why we all started at 0. Aren't there more important issues to discuss?

For god sake people...I don't care about # of posts...
The only thing that bothers me is that title NEWBIE. ???!!!>>>

Example:
Perhaps, one comes to this country having 45 years of age,
highly educated; but for Canada his diploma is equal as toilet paper:
having driving licence for 25 years, but here he's a young driver, thus again NEWBIE; seeking for the job is the same etc, etc, etc...

In this forum I was already a newbie, but not any more!
I am really getting tired of all these Newbiesmus, and if somebody
has hard time to understand this than that's too bad...

...regarding billy corgan comment: 'if I forgot to take my medication today'
that was rude, ugly and uncivilized; I didn't insult anybody,
especially not him

"Newbiesmus"

Interesting turn of the word!

If it is of any comfort, we all started as newbies (here).

Why have any kind of rank. V Bulliten allows members to put their own mark under their avi, and I think that is a more user-friendly way to go about it. We don't want people thinking UT is full of snobs, right?

why don't you add this to your signature:

member since 200?

250 previous posts + current post count.

it's not the end of the world.

For god sake people...I don't care about # of posts...
The only thing that bothers me is that title NEWBIE. ???!!!>>>

Example:
Perhaps, one comes to this country having 45 years of age,
highly educated; but for Canada his diploma is equal as toilet paper:
having driving licence for 25 years, but here he's a young driver, thus again NEWBIE; seeking for the job is the same etc, etc, etc...

In this forum I was already a newbie, but not any more!
I am really getting tired of all these Newbiesmus, and if somebody
has hard time to understand this than that's too bad...

...regarding billy corgan comment: 'if I forgot to take my medication today'
that was rude, ugly and uncivilized; I didn't insult anybody,
especially not him

Who cares? Are you seriously comparing the plight of educated immigrants who can't find meaningful work to your post count/label on an internet message board? You didn't even have that many posts...I had thousands, and there are quite a few others in the same boat.

I use this site because I enjoy discussing urban issues, architecture, etc. and learning things pertaining to those issues from those who know more than I do. Post counts and system generated user labels are meaningless.

Maybe you should focus on the actual purpose of the site instead of whining about a system generated label.

Back